Advice Request KFA combo

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamamia

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 27, 2016
Hi.
I want to install KFA but protection will be limited.
I need your help for a good combo with good protection (especially ransomware)... So, What other free-software should I install with KFA?.

Last edited:
Reactions: uninfected1

Huchim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Oct 17, 2015
I have it with Osarmor and syshardener from NoVirusThanks, I don't feel that I need more than and adblocker on my browser. Kaspersky tends to don't like other software running on real-time.
I have Kaspersky cloud free and Kaspersky Free in other laptop

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
People sometimes mention KFA's lack of a dedicated behaviour blocker but for a free AV I think protection is excellent, especially with the recent addition of System Watcher (I'm actually using Kaspersky Security Cloud Free, like KFA but configurable and with several extra features).

Like @harlan4096 and @Huchim I'm also using it alongside OSArmor. I was also using it with Voodooshield too. No conflcts - Voodooshield is a great product and Dan is a class act, but just a few too many FPs for me so for the moment it's on the subs bench.

After my experiences over the years trying (and failing) to clean install new versions of Comodo Firewall despite following Chiron''s guide to the letter, for me it was way more trouble than it was worth, but others here swear by it. Personally I would advise against CFW unless you are already using it without issue. There is an MT thread about KFA plus CFW and I seem to recall most of those who have this combo haven't experienced problems.

Nevertheless I would advise KSC plus OSA and possibly Voodooshield too.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
I'm using Kaspersky AV (paid) , but with tweaks ( file-anti-virus is low level) to get the maximum system power.

Now i would like to try the combo with OSArmor, but have fear of conflicts....

and can I use OSArmor with default settings?

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I'm using Kaspersky AV (paid) , but with tweaks ( file-anti-virus is low level) to get the maximum system power.

Now i would like to try the combo with OSArmor, but have fear of conflicts....

and can I use OSArmor with default settings?
You can try OSA if you want to, you dont need it but you have nothing to lose with it

Im using kfa + comodo firewall, wich kinda replace paid internet security software

As people is commenting about mt people getting paranoid with their confs, you should post your setup + networking habits and people could help you better

For a guy who only do browsing web, my setup is overkill indeed but it wont have annoyances, performance loss or anything else wich would bother me

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
You can try OSA if you want to, you dont need it but you have nothing to lose with it

Im using kfa + comodo firewall, wich kinda replace paid internet security software

As people is commenting about mt people getting paranoid with their confs, you should post your setup + networking habits and people could help you better

For a guy who only do browsing web, my setup is overkill indeed but it wont have annoyances, performance loss or anything else wich would bother me

i have installed OSArmor. it looks good so far. settings are default. I hope that with one of a next patch they will add some other languages

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@harlan4096 whats your opinion about a firewall? do you think there is a difference in the malwarehub between kaspersky antivirus (paid) and kaspersky internet security with own firewall?
Probably there would not be much different in most of the cases... but would be in others... KL firewall is interconnected/tied to Application Control...

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
I understand that some people would never pay for a security product. This is not the case for me. I pay for KIS and stay away from "possible" conflicts and "sometimes" slowdowns caused by combos. No one will deny that KIS is decent and so is KFA, I think.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
In conclusion, KFA with CF or with OSArmor?.

Either. Try each of them for a couple of months and see what you are comfortable using and how your machine handles them. You could also try VoodooShield Free. All suggestions and advice on this forum need to be understood in terms of what you use your computer for, as well as what kind of browsing/downloading habits you have. If your an average user, any of these should work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.