Last edited:
Reactions: Logethica

aragornnnn

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 18, 2016
Hello and thanks for sharing your config! :)

I suggest you to install atleast one on demand malware scanner (Zemana Anti-Malware is great)

You can also replace Adblock Plus with Ublock Origin imo its better ;)

Install HTTPS Everywhere for chrome.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

rosendalek

Level 3
Verified
Aug 16, 2016
Consider setting your OS and Software Patches to Automatically download and install, unless your on a restricted data allowance, then you should consider changing it to notify but do not download automatically. Its important to install these patches

Reactions: aragornnnn

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Even I like Manual update, it better to have a PC that isn't broken due to updates. Now, everything is cumulative so, download a monthly rollup update and you are on latest version. IObit Uninstaller isn't necessary when you already have Revo paid version.

Reactions: aragornnnn
F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Is Iobit Uinstaller that good?
I got Revo Uinstaller Pro.
I have also heard that Driver Booster From Iobit Should be Fantastic.
Tell me i am wrong.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Is Iobit Uinstaller that good?
I got Revo Uinstaller Pro.
I have also heard that Driver Booster From Iobit Should be Fantastic.
Tell me i am wrong.
IMO, they are very good. I have been using iobit products for a long time
The uninstaller is extremely handy with everything you need in other paid products. I still think revo pro is a bit better in general but batch uninstaller from iobit is far better
driver booster is great. it is the safest driver updater I have tested but sometimes it still causes problems. if you can update driver from official sources, this is the best

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
How did you get infected ?
OS Firewall should be set to 3rd Party Firewall > Please edit
Type of User Account should be set to Local Account > Please edit
Consider some on demand scanners.
Consider uBlock Origin in place of ABD+
Consider using CCleaner or Privazer for privacy & optimization
What do you use for system and data backups ?
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: yigido

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I would never in my life trust Iobit Products after the MB incident.. Are you using Kaspersaky firewall? If so mark your security config's firewall with "3d Party" CCleaner is a good product to add for computer optimization while Zemana (there are lots of FPs from AVs for some reason) but its a really good on demand scanner too add. :)

Reactions: Vasudev

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I stayed away from Iobit after it worsened by PC by auto tweaks and cleanup 2 years ago.

rosendalek

Level 3
Verified
Aug 16, 2016
I stayed away from Iobit after it worsened by PC by auto tweaks and cleanup 2 years ago.
same here, you dont need iobit to update drivers as by default windows update downloads driver updates for itself and selected third party products like nvidia. and ccleaner does more for free in terms of cleanup

Reactions: Vasudev

rabnor

Level 1
Verified
Sep 29, 2016
IObit Uninstaller
Revo Uninstaller Pro

7zip
Winrar

Why both of them!!!

You can try Tixati instead of uTorrent 2.2.1.

In AdblockPlus option, uncheck "Allow some non-intrusive advertising"

killpointik

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 7, 2016
Tixiati? wtf? im using 13 years uT+rtorrent+deluge ... what private tracker allow Tixati? lol
OS firewall disabled=using KIS firewall
why cracked? fake infected:my VAG VCDS sw is virus for KIS2017:

adblock plus is enough for me
cant setup HTTPS in chrome
for what Zemana sw? enough KIS2017

any config name dont understand for me: unnecessarily for me ...

im not using OS + data BACK UP: for what? ... all my datas is on Raid6 80TB archive server w/problem over 14years and OS my gamePC= for few seconds i have reinstall machine:
server using on Debian Jessie+glftpd+plex

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Tixiati? wtf? im using 13 years uT+rtorrent+deluge ... what private tracker allow Tixati? lol

im not using OS + data BACK UP: for what? ... all my datas is on Raid6 80TB archive server w/problem over 14years and OS my gamePC= for few seconds i have reinstall machine:
server using on Debian Jessie+glftpd+plex
I reckon a 8/10TB SAS/Fiber Optics interfaced drives with a minimum of 8-10 disks, right? For web and daily tasks you're using Debian and for gaming you're using Windows, am I right? Why, others dislike utorrent is because it acts like PUP or adware nowadays. You can stick to it. Adblock Plus is a little heavier on CPU, so uBlock origin is a lighter option with all features of ABP. Heck, you can even host a mirror for MalwareTips.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.