Battle Kindly help me decide on a snapshot tool

ytbro00

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 31, 2014
I'm using Macrium Reflect to backup my files right now. It's not bad and does the job but just thought there might be something better. I've used some other software a few years back that I don't remember anymore (didn't like it).

Anyway, I'm looking for some sort of a snapshot utility right now that would I could use to quickly take a snapshot of my system and restore it in a fast manner as well with a clean UI. Currently looking at Rollback RX and Arconis right now. Any thoughts on this?

Any alternative software suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I have used Acronis for about 3 or 4 years now and it has served it purpose well.

Pros : No installation required if you used Acronis Boot CD, Full CD backup takes about 4 minutes (250gb SSD) and incremental backup takes about 1 minutes.

Cons : Once you restore a image or snapshot and try to do an incremental backup, it does a full image backup instead of appending the changes. That con is only for USB or CD boot, Don't have that issue with Acronis installed.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.