App Review Kingsoft Antivirus 2012 (MalwareGeek))

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Malware Geek's Big Return Video bellow
(Uploaded by rynesandbergfan23 AKA MalwareGeek)

Last edited by a moderator:

InternetChicken

Jul 16, 2012
Nice of MalwareGeek to test it ,
And nice Follow up,
How ever I thought the unwritten rule was when one install's any software one should
retsart / reboot computer And esp Anti virus firewalls ect security software
At Lest thats what I was thought , or am I wrong ?

kslogan

Sep 21, 2011
Seems having to do some clarifications

It is others in the comment not us saying restart, full text is as follows

"Hi rynesandbergfan23 Kingsoft had a problem running properly during this test, You see Kill switch is unfamiliar with Kingsoft so it marks it as FLS.Unkown. For the active malware test kingsoft cloud which is where kingsoft gets most of it's zero day detection wasn't running but you can see after you restarted the machine it appeared in kill swich and the cloud switched on. I wish you could redo this test but it is up to you"

There is no need for restarting to enable cloud engine in KAV 2012, i just add this comment on the new following up vids.

InternetChicken

Jul 16, 2012
I know of MalwareGeek's work and I know there has been
some controversy over different Video's,
I think the primery Gripe I have with all test's of any security product
is Detection, if any product lets a infected file download and run then its already failed the user ,
Finding that file a week later is of little use,

When malware hunting I turn off Kingsoft because it otherwise Flags many files I am downloding,

Of cource Any anti virus can miss malware If any one can ever work out how to make a anti virus that can
detect every malware ever made on the net, and all future malware then they would put everyone else out of Bussiness in a year,

but that as likely to happen as chesse turning to gold ,

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.