Status
Not open for further replies.

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Hello,

I am looking forward to buying a license of KIS 2015 from downloadcrew. They are offering a big discount on codes for US/Canada regions.

My question is that, can I activate using the US IP address through VPN for activation, and once it's done, will it get blacklisted once I use my real IP address?

Thanks!

Last edited:

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
You can ask reseller directly if the license is Geo restricted to a country, downloadcrew in this case. Only they can give you the answer.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
If they are for US & Canada then yes it will need to be activated with a GEO specific IP.Once activated & updated after install using US/Canada IP you do not need to continue using the VPN IP after that

You have to activate it in the US/Canada or use a US/Canada proxy

You can change your ip to US/Canada and activate using VPN . Like this free one http://openvpn.net/

Download and install open vpn then use a US/Canada proxy

Install and activate KIS and update

Then you can exit open VPN

or

see this option #2 http://www.squidoo.com/fix-error-kaspersky-2014-activation-code-is-invalid-this-region

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Thank you @exterminator20 for clearing it up for me. I thought that after activating it successfully through VPN, they might find out my real IP and get my license blacklisted.

Thanks again!

Reactions: Exterminator
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.