KIS 2015 Gaming Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RigorMortis

Thread author
Hi! Is it possible to enter the "gaming mode" in Kaspersky manually? If not I will have to ditch Kaspersky. The rootkit scans and definition updates while gaming gives me stuttering and ms lag. I don't play in fullscreen so the gaming profile will not activate. I really don't want to get rid of KIS though since I paid for a full year. :/

R

RigorMortis

Thread author
I have done all that. I even put the protection level to low. The game mode in KIS will not work for me (i think) since I run my games in fullscreen borderless. When playing GTA 5 for example it stutters like crazy because of the rootkit scans which run quite often. And competitive CS:GO is a big no no because of the definition updates. Feels like they take way longer compared to other programs.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I have done all that. I even put the protection level to low. The game mode in KIS will not work for me (i think) since I run my games in fullscreen borderless. When playing GTA 5 for example it stutters like crazy because of the rootkit scans which run quite often. And competitive CS:GO is a big no no because of the definition updates. Feels like they take way longer compared to other programs.
Some suggestions mentioned below may help:
http://support.kaspersky.com/11215

Reactions: Terry Ganzi
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.