harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Official Info: https://support.kaspersky.com/11422#block0

Patch B is installed automatically with database updates version 15.0.2.361 and fixes the following:

* Some interface issues.
* Windows 10 compatibility issue.
* Error "0x000000FF" which appears while working with the Safe Money component.
* Issue related to the FREAK vulnerability in the OpenSSL library.

To install patch B:

1.- Run an update.
2.- Restart your computer once the update is completed.
3.- After the system restarts, open the application.
4.- In the lower right part of the window, click the Support link.
5.- If the patch has been installed successfully, you will find the letter b at the end of the product version number.

More detailed bug fixes:
Requirement 1088472:[BRQ][Win10] Windows 10 Support
• Bug 1058780:After TFU KSN disabled
• Bug 1060018:Final activation page doesn't appear after submitting optional/my account registration form
• Bug 1068423:[SUPPORT] Forum: KIS 2015 MR2 Mail Antivirus blocks E-Mail-traffic and causes high CPU-load
• Bug 1102673:Support:OB: Safe Money fails to open bank page due to 0x000000FF error
• Bug 1073342: DUMP: ndis!NdisFreeNetBuffer_3014782E
• Bug 1088519: DUMP: instrumental_services!CustomCertificateVerification_537F0A46

Last edited:

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Official Info: https://support.kaspersky.com/11422#block0

Patch B is installed automatically with database updates version 15.0.2.361 and fixes the following:

* Some interface issues.
* Windows 10 compatibility issue.
* Error "0x000000FF" which appears while working with the Safe Money component.
* Issue related to the FREAK vulnerability in the OpenSSL library.

To install patch B:

1.- Run an update.
2.- Restart your computer once the update is completed.
3.- After the system restarts, open the application.
4.- In the lower right part of the window, click the Support link.
5.- If the patch has been installed successfully, you will find the letter b at the end of the product version number.

More detailed bug fixes:
Requirement 1088472:[BRQ][Win10] Windows 10 Support
• Bug 1058780:After TFU KSN disabled
• Bug 1060018:Final activation page doesn't appear after submitting optional/my account registration form
• Bug 1068423:[SUPPORT] Forum: KIS 2015 MR2 Mail Antivirus blocks E-Mail-traffic and causes high CPU-load
• Bug 1102673:Support:OB: Safe Money fails to open bank page due to 0x000000FF error
• Bug 1073342: DUMP: ndis!NdisFreeNetBuffer_3014782E
• Bug 1088519: DUMP: instrumental_services!CustomCertificateVerification_537F0A46

I know you are a moderator at the KIS forums!
Thank you for announcing the update!

I do hold Kaspersky in high regard,however their policy on PUA/PUP detection is not up to standard!
I realise they may worry about lawsuits with blocking some of these programs etc,however I cannot find it acceptable when it allows these to run,and considers them safe!!
Could you please voice our concerns about this!
Thanks!!:)
Take a look here:
http://malwaretips.com/threads/20-adware-multiplug-samples.47400/#post-401435

Reactions: frogboy

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Yes, many users (including me) think the same about PUA/PUPs and Kaspersky detection rates, We are always complaining about it... KL Labs never added to bases many of them, things are changing and in latest times They are adding many compared to the past, but still not enough... others are just considered "legal" because of its EULA and/or user manual interaction to install them. I usually send them many PUA/PUP samples, a big % are added but...

In general they focus mostly on prevention work, the screen-shot You upload in that thread is not a detection but a warning of system modification...

In KIS2016MR0 there is a new protection module called "System Changes Control" to better protect the installation of PUP/PUA in system/browsers/modifying networks settings... will see how good will work that new module :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Venustus

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Yes, many users (including me) think the same about PUA/PUPs and Kaspersky detection rates, We are always complaining about it... KL Labs never added to bases many of them, things are changing and in latest times They are adding many compared to the past, but still not enough... others are just considered "legal" because of its EULA and/or user manual interaction to install them. I usually send them many PUA/PUP samples, a big % are added but...

In general they focus mostly on prevention work, the screen-shot You upload in that thread is not a detection but a warning of system modification...

In KIS2016MR0 there is a new protection module called "System Changes Control" to better protect the installation of PUP/PUA in system/browsers/modifying networks settings... will see how good will work that new module :)
Thank you for replying, and I do hope Kaspersky adresses the issue!!:):)

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I think is not such "an issue" but a policy ;)

Reactions: Ink
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.