Kiwi Browser’s latest update brings Google Chrome Extensions to Android

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
If the version at apkmirror cannot install (like in my case) over the existing version get it from github below

Just click the Assets 6 and the different versions will appear

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Kiwi browser new version released, Version Hydra (Sep 10, 2019)

This version includes fixes (Google Translate language detection, images on the new tab page) and minor changes.

Added support for bangs (shortcuts in the address bar starting with !) in 'US', 'CA', 'GB', 'UK', 'FR', 'DE', 'ES', 'IT', 'IN', 'BR'.
Type !bangs in your address bar to learn more about it (only if you use "Default search" in Settings).

Added support for X64.

Better support for foldable phones.

Get it here

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Kiwi browser new version released, Version Impala (Sep 12, 2019)

This version includes fixes (Google Translate language detection, images on the new tab page) and minor changes.

Added support for bangs (shortcuts in the address bar starting with !) in 'US', 'CA', 'GB', 'UK', 'FR', 'DE', 'ES', 'IT', 'IN', 'BR'.
Type !bangs in your address bar to learn more about it (only if you use "Default search" in Settings).

Added support for X64.

Better support for foldable phones.

If you are a member of xda-developers you can get it here

Or else get it from below. Click the Assets 6 at the bottom and the different versions will appear

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Kiwi browser new version released, Version Gaia (Sep 19, 2019)

- Fix: Reverse image search and certain cases where the browser was showing "(f).txt".

- Fix: Keyboard buttons (example: on Android TV, or hardware arrow buttons).

- Updated interface when you have > 100 tabs open.

- Translations updated in 10+ languages.

- Added possibility to upload a crash report (after a crash).

If it happens and you want to help the browser, please do so.

It doesn't contain any information about the website you visited, only the line of code where the browser crashed.

Get it here

Last edited:

Mountainking

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2018
I dont like chrome or many other browsers. I need "text reflow" functionality that is the ability to resize the page (2 fingers swipe out or in) as quickly as I need to and the text automatically 'reformats' to fit the screen with no horizantal scrolling to read. Currently Opera does this. A great feature to enable reading on mobile phones.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I dont like chrome or many other browsers. I need "text reflow" functionality that is the ability to resize the page (2 fingers swipe out or in) as quickly as I need to and the text automatically 'reformats' to fit the screen with no horizantal scrolling to read. Currently Opera does this. A great feature to enable reading on mobile phones.
I can do it in Kiwi browser and i.e.

"to resize the page (2 fingers swipe out or in) as quickly as I need to and the text automatically 'reformats' to fit the screen with no horizantal scrolling to read."

Mountainking

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2018
@HarborFront I just installed it and tried it. Wow. Text reflow is good. So is the night mode!! Been trying ##### load of crap FB wrappers (for lower battery drainage and dark mode)that were just garbage to upsell ads. Using mobile FB on Kiwi browser with dark mode is more than good enough for me!!
Loving this browser so far and its configurability...

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Kiwi browser new version released, Version Jabo (Sep 19, 2019)

- Fix: Reverse image search and certain cases where the browser was showing "(f).txt".

- Fix: Keyboard buttons (example: on Android TV, or hardware arrow buttons).

- Updated interface when you have > 100 tabs open.

- Translations updated in 10+ languages.

- Added possibility to upload a crash report (after a crash).

- (New) This version improves stability on Adreno GPUs (Galaxy S8/S9+)

Get it here

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Kiwi browser new version released, Version Lena (Sep 29, 2019)

This version contains new speed optimizations and fixes minor issues.

The support of shortcuts (special keywords with the exclamation mark symbol) is now extended to all countries and to all search engines.
Type: !bangs in the address bar to learn more.

This is in test, if you want to add your own shortcuts, we'll open a repository for anyone to look soon.

Get it here

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
A newer version of Lena released on Sep 29, 2019

This version contains new speed optimizations and a hotfix for a crash.

The support of shortcuts (special keywords with the exclamation mark symbol) is now extended to all countries and to all search engines.
Type: !bangs in the address bar to learn more.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Kiwi browser new version released, version Polaris (Sep 30, 2019)

This release adds the possibility to reorder / rearrange bookmarks (hold finger on bookmarks or folder in Main Menu -> Bookmarks).

It also fixes two minor crashes (caused by extensions opening alert/confirm dialogs) and an issue where search engines list would appear empty.

Get it here

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Kiwi browser new version released, version Quadea (Oct 7, 2019)

This version improves stability and add 2 new functionalities, in Main Menu, Settings, Accessibility:
- Always Desktop.
Useful if you are a tablet user, and you prefer Desktop version of websites.

- Toolbar always on screen
If you have a large screen, and want to keep the address bar always handy without having to scroll.

The toolbar is always on by default if you have Accessibility services running. You can change that using this option.

Get it here

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.