kowalski215's Config

kowalski215

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 16, 2015
Hello everyone. The one posted above is not exactly my config (I use ESET ss8), but the one of a friend of mine.
I'd like to ask you whether to install other security software such as a personal firewall or stuff like this.
I've been using 360 just for a couple of days and I do not know how it works (I merely trusted your positive reviews and suggested it to him).
Thanks in advance ;)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
A couple on demand scanners such as Malwarebytes Antimalware,Hitman Pro,Herd protect.ESET online Scanner,etc.
Maybe an additional browser
You could post your config also

H

hjlbx

Hello kowalski215,

Just some suggestions ...

If you are using all the available engine options then do not add EEK as it will simply duplicate the BitDefender engine results.

Adding HMP or ZAM adds the Kaspersky engine.

Better yet, opt for MBAM Free for PUP coverage.

Add LastPass if you have a bunch of passwords.

Add AOMEI Free for back-up if you feel the need... as it will do everything required.

Your good.

kowalski215

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 16, 2015
Ok that's fine! I'll install MBAM. I've installed Chrome as well...
I enabled only Avira Engine together with the default Engines. The only engine disabled is BitDefender (out of 5 engine).
I already have Lastpass
Backup is not necessary on that laptop :D

My config?
I don't download malware
Single user account
UAC: Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer (Do not dim my desktop)
Real time: Eset Smart Security 8
Privacy: Sticky Password
Backup: personal files on OneDrive and External HDD
Browser: opera (mainly used), chrome, firefox. all of them with adguard
Extra: CCleaner tech

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
None I can see anything wrong here. :)

External HDD will do fine already so its not a problem from a backup. ;)

Qihoo 360 is a strong AV prior on multi engines included but its detection capabilities will increase a minimal percentage only and varies on the attacks like zero day if both engines missed and leads to their own engine if flag.

Meanwhile ESET smart security is pretty fine unless you wanted to play their HIPS part and tweak more from firewall.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.