Advice Request KSC Free problem with Comodo's virtualization

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VladDracul

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
Hello everybody,
Just wanted to know if users of Kaspersky Security Cloud Free paired with Comodo FW have this problem.With KSC installed,my CFW doesn't open anymore the virtual desktop and doesn't work anymore if i want to run any browser in virtual mode.Not with the right-click mode nor within the Comodo's UI...
With Kaspersky Free AV for example this issue does not happens,as a am using now a Macrium image with this combo.
Tried to disable one by one all the KSC's modules but still nothing.All Comodo's folders are already in the KSC's exclusions.Any ideas please,thank you.

Allego

Level 2
Verified
Jan 25, 2016
We had the same problem. What I did was manually starting the COMODO Virtual Service Manager in the Services whenever you attempt to run VD or perform a "right-click" run in container. But if the UAC is disabled (based on my exp.) it will normally work.

Last edited:

VladDracul

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
UAC is enabled on my laptop,good to know that too.For now,back to the image with CFW and KSC.Thank you for the advice,much appreciated(y)(y).
PS.I am wondering if this problem doesn't affect the integrity and the security of the containment in general....anyway,every rule on my Comodo sandbox is set to Block,i hope i should be fine with that...

VladDracul

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
Thanks for the info,but like i already said i am using Kaspersky AV free with CFW for almost 3 months without a glitch.Now,with the workaround provided by Allego (thanks again),i changed the Comodo virtual service to delayed start and everything is sweet.And btw,i am using this combo KSC+CFW for about one month now.If they 2 get along on my machine...why not using them?(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.