Advice Request KSC won't autostart

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

novocaine

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2016
Hi guys,

I'm using KSC free version (300MB/day), I have checked the 'run KSC at computer startup' but it doesn't work on my home laptop (7 32bit) I have tried to restart my laptop several times, the KSC won't show up until I run it manually. do you guys have any idea about it? is it a bug?

I also have the same KSC on my office laptop (7 64bit) but there is no problem with the autostart.

Last edited:
Reactions: AtlBo and upnorth

novocaine

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2016
Check here : Enabling and disabling automatic startup of the application

If that don't help Click the Windows key+R on your keyboard and type msconfig then hit enter. Check under the Tab Startup.
thanks for the help, I have enabled the automatic startup, but there is no input for KSC on msconfig startup list. with the same settings, there is no problem on my work laptop which is using 7 64bit,

Capture.jpg

Capture2.jpg

oot, anyway is that snp2uvc.exe on the list is safe?

Reactions: AtlBo and upnorth

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Try disable the " Run KSC at computer startup " and save. Reboot the PC then enable it again, save and same procedure with the reboot. Odd that KSC don't end up in the Startup list. Must be some registry/installation issue. I'll let the Kaspersky Experts here on MT try and help you.

The snp2uvc.exe is a Camera driver and should be safe. Personal I don't like unknown vendors so I would remove it if I couldn't backtrace it and be 100% sure. Check the registry location as that can give a clue. Just in case try run a few offline scanners also in safemode.

novocaine

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2016
Try disable the " Run KSC at computer startup " and save. Reboot the PC then enable it again, save and same procedure with the reboot. Odd that KSC don't end up in the Startup list. Must be some registry/installation issue. I'll let the Kaspersky Experts here on MT try and help you.

The snp2uvc.exe is a Camera driver and should be safe. Personal I don't like unknown vendors so I would remove it if I couldn't backtrace it and be 100% sure. Check the registry location as that can give a clue. Just in case try run a few offline scanners also in safemode.
I have tried recheck then reboot, the KSC still wont autostart then I reinstalled it, and the problem is still the same,
thanks @upnorth for your help, I really appreciate it

I'm wondering is it something wrong in my home laptop or is it a bug on KSC?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I also have KFA and KSeC 10.0.0.405 but already got patch H in an old laptop with W7 Ultimate x86, I had disabled (manually) the autorun of KSeC, but I've enabled and tried, and it auto runs without any issues here...

Open services.msc and msconfig (Services tab) and check if the KSeC service is enabled (and Automatic Start), this is how I have my settings:

Last edited:

RiderExpert

Level 2
Verified
Jul 21, 2016
I had that same problem. I've solved it by doing this:

1) Go to your Start Menu (for all users) folder, and then find the startup folder. Everything inside startup folder will load when you log in. I believe the address is: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

2) Put a shortcut for KSC there, but, to avoid the KSC window open every time you log in, edit the shortcut:

The original shortcut has the following parameter: -navigate ksde://mainwindow

Delete this parameter and KSC should start normally.

novocaine

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2016
oh this is embarrassing :ROFLMAO: actually the autostart works, it just needs 5-10 minutes before the KSC appear, my home laptop has lower spec than my work laptop and I rarely use it, because I used to see the KSC appear right after the windows startup on my work laptop (everyday). thanks @harlan4096 @upnorth @RiderExpert for your help, I'm sorry for my mistake, I was not patient :X3:

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
i'm all for kaspersky but their licensed hotspotshield vpn shouldn't be used.

Last edited:

RiderExpert

Level 2
Verified
Jul 21, 2016
oh this is embarrassing :ROFLMAO: actually the autostart works, it just needs 5-10 minutes before the KSC appear, my home laptop has lower spec than my work laptop and I rarely use it, because I used to see the KSC appear right after the windows startup on my work laptop (everyday). thanks @harlan4096 @upnorth @RiderExpert for your help, I'm sorry for my mistake, I was not patient :X3:

Yes, the delay was my problem too. I had to wait something about 3min to KSC start. That's why I implemented that solution. If you want it to start right away, just do that two steps :D. In case you don't mind waiting a few minutes, you're good to go

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
i'm all for kaspersky but their licensed hidemyass vpn shouldn't be used.

hma? did kaspersky switch from hotspotshield after all complaints on their forums? well if thats the case hma is no better there just as invasive as hotspotshield when it comes to privacy! ;)

Reactions: mekelek
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.