Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I am having a problem with intermittent syncing of KSN.
For instance, right now it says it was last synced 10 hours ago.
Also reputation service says it cannot connect.
Is this normal behavior?
The problem might very well be with my ISP, but I am not sure.

Reactions: harlan4096

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
No, I think this is not a normal behavior at all...

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Maybe the problem is on the server side. There were past reports similar to this, and KL Staff usually confirmed the problem on the server.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I posted on the forum, and I went through the whole process of uploading logs etc.
In the end, they told me they think it is my ISP, and I should open a ticket with support. I did that, providing my IP and ISP info, and they replied that they are sending it on to Moscow to main headquarters.

In the mean time, I called up my ISP, and they told me that they do indeed have a problem with Kaspersky, because they change their IP all the time, and my ISP has a policy of blocking unknown IPs. This is because they offer a content filtering service that is applied at the ISP level.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Actually that could be a problem from them, typically if you didn't mess any settings then automatically its isolated case.

Cloud reputation issues happens not only to KSN but other products as I observe long time before.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
It seems that the solution was ridiculously simple.
My ISP (which provides content filtering at the ISP level) has a download that enables them to scan HTTPS connections. I installed it, and immediately KNS cloud protection started working. I am amazed my ISP didn't know about their own download. hmmm.
Now I can also log on to the HTTPS version of certain sites that I couldn't get before, such as Wilders forum.
But it sometimes takes a few tries to log onto MT.
EDIT: I disabled scanning of secure connections in Kaspersky, and now I can access secure sites -- such as MT -- without issues.

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
So I am trying out Safe Money again, and one of my banking sites works fine.
With the other one, I can get without problem to the sign-in page, and then I sign in, but then the actual internal bank page can't finish loading. It whirls and whirls, and if I give it enough time, it loads a basic HTML version of the page, which shows lots of links but doesn't display the actual bank data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.