Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr review

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Several days ago, I reviewed Ubuntu 14.04. In the Linux alphabet, letter K comes after U. Wait, did I use this same lame joke before? I must have. Never mind. The distro did exceptionally well. Beyond my expectations. Excellent hardware compatibility, a solid desktop session, lots of tiny improvements, plus stability.

Let us explore Kubuntu Tahr now, shall we. I am going to do that on an aging LG laptop, which is now about five years old. It houses two distros, including one Kubuntu Ringtail and one Netrunner Enigma II. I am going to replace the first, but retain the user data. And what makes this laptop interesting is the Nvidia graphics card. Let's rock.

Source

my Kubuntu customized:

46QVKKg.png

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Looking good Umbra. Are you using Linux full time now? I've never looked back since making the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.