Kunal's confriguation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunal

Thread author
Feb 2, 2014
I think I have Balnced system Configuration. But Your valuable suggestions will always welcome abt my system..

Reactions: Exterminator
S

starchild76

why iolo system mechanic? fyi : its notorius for its abillity to wreck computers in seconds , if you do not know what you are doing , its better to stick with ccleaner and wisecare 365 free , because these two are safe to use.
do you have a backup option?
for extensions you can add https everywhere and ghostery......

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
You should turn UAC on on maximum . Webroot does have oubound firewall but it uses window firewall for inbound protection. You should use free firewall like comodo . Also add HitmanPro as on-demand scanner if u can. Also for defragging u can use Iobit smart defrag or puran defrag which is free & better then window defraggler. Since u using firefox, for addons u can add Disconnect, google privacy, HTTPS everywhere, No script, wot like that :)

Reactions: cdnsempre

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
you may use browser ad ons like wot, https every where, no script for better security. Dont forget to turn on UAC (atleast Default), thats the main part, enable smart screen filter also. Rest all is good.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Definitely UAC to at least Default.Thanks for sharing your config :)

I

illumination

As suggested, make sure the UAC is on, and i would consider some sort of back up for the system.

kaljukass

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Operating System: Windows 8 Pro
Architecture: 32-bit (x86)
Level of computer security knowledge and awareness: Medium
Last malware infection on your computer: Less than 1 month ago
Virtual-Machine Malware Testing: No
Number of users for this machine: Other people are also using this machine (Shared)
User Account Control settings: I don't know!
Real-Time Protection: Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus 2014
On-demand scanners: Malwarebyte and Comodo Security Essential (Portable Version)
Other installed programs which increase the security level of this machine: Zemena AntiLogger.
Backup and Restore: No
Default Web Browser: Mozilla Firefox
Browser Extensions/Add-ons: Adblock Plus, Page Speed
Other software installed on this machine worth mentioning: Iolo System Mechanic Pro

I think I have Balnced system Configuration. But Your valuable suggestions will always welcome abt my system..
Could you explain how you can use at the same time -
Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus 2014
and Iolo System Mechanic Pro - two anti-virus programs at the same time?
Maybe you are still Iolo System Mechanic Standard?
(System Mechanic Pro = System Mechanic Standard + its own antivirus program)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ink

Kunal

Thread author
Feb 2, 2014
Above all:
Thanks for your valuable sugestions.

I forgot to mention that I am using Auslogics Disk Defrag Professional.

@kaljukass
I am using only system mechanic tool software for Iolo System Mechanic Pro. only and not antivirus..It is just a bunch of system tweaking tools.

kaljukass

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Above all:
Thanks for your valuable sugestions.

I forgot to mention that I am using Auslogics Disk Defrag Professional.

@kaljukass
I am using only system mechanic tool software for Iolo System Mechanic Pro. only and not antivirus..It is just a bunch of system tweaking tools.
I thought the same, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.