Lady Gaga Wants To Make Bullying Illegal Following Jamey Rodemeyer's Suicide

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Tragic news of 14-year-old Jamey Rodemeyer's suicide on Sunday has enraged pop star Lady Gaga to take a stand against bullying.

The teenager from Williamsville, NY, who had posted his own "It Gets Better" video on YouTube, and tried to inspire fellow bullied children and teens into believing they can survive the cruelty of bullying -- took his own life after what his parents claim was years of bullying because of his sexuality.

Gaga turned to Twitter to rally a call for the end of bullying. In a series of tweets she wrote:

"The past days I've spent reflecting, crying, and yelling. I have so much anger. It is hard to feel love when cruelty takes someones life."

"Jamey Rodemeyer, 14 yrs old, took his life because of bullying," she wrote linking to his "It Gets Better" video, "Bullying must become illegal. It is a hate crime."

Gaga then announced that she is meeting with President Obama to address the growing problem. "I will not stop fighting. This must end. Our generation has the power to end it. Trend it. #MakeALawForJamey."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/22/lady-gaga-wants-to-make-bully-illegal_n_975653.html
(contains links to other sources too)

D

Deleted member 178

i was (lightly) bullied when young (big glasses, skinny, you can imagine...) but one day, after days of frustration, i punched the guy to the core... now i met him sometimes but with my 1.94m and 90kg, he bow his head when he look at me... :D

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

:heart:

It's powerful video. Just spreading it.

Last edited by a moderator:

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
I love Lady Gaga <3

I was bullied in school also... i am not anymore tho.

If bullying became illegal that would be great!! It is so wrong.. and i hope Obama see's it in her eyes, as Gaga herself was also bullied.

Gaga is very inspirational and has a lot of followers that can make this happen! When i seen she is going to be talking to Obama.. i am just very happy to see her fighting so hard for others.. she is very sweet :)

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
It's sad to see when someone tries to takes their lives, but I can at the same time understand a bit; we live in a terrible and cruel world and also lonely (there are few that can be called friend). That's how we created it but as individualizes we should try to find people that fits us and stay strong and make our everydaylife as good as we can. :)

Taking youre life is no option, at least not a good one.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.