Advanced Security Lament's Laptop Security Config 2022

  • Thread starter Thread starter ForgottenSeer 94943
  • Start date Start date
Last updated
May 18, 2022
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Linux
OS version and support details
Manjaro KDE Minimal
On-device encryption
Device sign-in security
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
Smart App Control
Network firewall
Real-time protection
My healthy habits and NextDNS
Device firewall
Custom security settings
None
Periodic malware scanners
None
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browsers and extensions
Firefox
Waterfox
Librewolf
Vivaldi
Secure DNS
NextDNS CLI DNS over HTTPS
Desktop VPN
Bullet VPN
Password and passkey manager
Dashlane Password Manager
Maintenance tools
None
File and photo backups
Koofr
pCloud
Jottacloud CLI
System recovery
None
Usage and exposure
    • Working from home
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
Computer specs
i5-7200U
Intel HD graphics 620
16GB of Ram
500 GB SSD
Feedback preference

Detailed suggestions and alternatives welcome

Installed Solus Plasma

Screenshot_20220507_151359.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It seems that power-profiles-daemon is in Solus repositories, but I missed it.

Now back to Solus Mate for it provides the best out-of-the-box experience. It is a rolling-release, but very stable. I do not have any major issue except for the screen tearing issue which I have been able to fix using a simple .conf file. I should mention that Solus is the only distro I've tried recently in which hibernation does work without any issues at least on my laptop.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top