Basic Security Rengar's Security Config

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
With CCleaner you probably do not need Eusing.
I would consider some type of system and data backup solution since you do not have one listed.
Nice config! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Looks pretty good! I'd add Avast or a free AV to the mix of your protection. Zemana seems to be a better on demand scanner than protection but you decide. Its your config after all and if you feel safe keep what you have. :)

Rengar

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
:eek: ----> :D ------> :cool:

Any reason?
Although the pop ups are insane, i like it. I feel more protected this way and dont forget, i have ZAL also...
You think i need the autosandbox ON?

Reactions: given

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
You should definitely upgrade to Windows 10 :)
Your config is excelent, there is really nothing to complain about :cool:

Reactions: Rengar and given

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
exact same config as mine 1 week ago. very nice and extremely fast
Now I'm trying SecureAPlus, if I'm not happy, I would go back to ZAL

I recommend you to have a better malware URL filter like norton safe web or avira browser safety, replace netcraft
comodo, adguard, netcraft are not so good against malware URLs

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Now I'm trying SecureAPlus
How you finding it? It's extremely light and I really like it's GUI but I don't know if I prefer it over CFW.
If you get the chance I wouldn't mind seeing a test of it. I'm not sure how it handles scripts so I'm curious if it suffers the same problem as Avast's hardened mode and if there's any way to bypass it's protection. I've also heard it's universal AV suffers from some major engine update delays.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.