Lanker´s config

Lanker

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 7, 2016
Nice and simple configuration, consider changing UAC to default or even better always notify.
Ok I accept that change, I only have it disabled cause I find it kinda annoying but If It is really important I will do it.(anyway It cannot be bypassed?)

Reactions: Sana
M

Mihir :-)

Please enabled UAC to at least default.Add Sandboxie as you download malwares.And you go to go;)

Reactions: Sana
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Ok I accept that change, I only have it disabled cause I find it kinda annoying but If It is really important I will do it.(anyway It cannot be bypassed?)
It runs at a kernel level so it is pretty much solid :)

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
So...Here It is guys my config may seem a lot but its pretty simple and light one :D
Obviously Open to suggestions ;)

Like you my security setup consists of free stuff. Doesn't seem like you have too much there. Seems quite light to me and a lot of similarities with my config. Have you considered additional browser protection with, say Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free or are you happy with what you've got(personally I have MBAE and ZAL Free)?

As an additional layer of protection against unsafe sites you might also be interested in Norton ConnectSafe.

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Good config! However I would suggest enabling UAC
Consider using a VM for playing with malware.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: Sana and Mihir :-)

Lanker

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 7, 2016
Like you my security setup consists of free stuff. Doesn't seem like you have too much there. Seems quite light to me and a lot of similarities with my config. Have you considered additional browser protection with, say Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free or are you happy with what you've got(personally I have MBAE and ZAL Free)?

As an additional layer of protection against unsafe sites you might also be interested in Norton ConnectSafe.
I prefer Emet I can add custom shields in opposite to Mbae Free

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
You may add a companion based program if you want like SecureAplus or Crystal Security since WD's baseline is unpredictable. ( Still your configuration is fine) Then you may install Visual Studio 2015 for better functionality and improvements of programming.

D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

Good FREE config :p

Reactions: Sana and Mihir :-)

Lanker

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 7, 2016
You may add a companion based program if you want like SecureAplus or Crystal Security since WD's baseline is unpredictable. ( Still your configuration is fine) Then you may install Visual Studio 2015 for better functionality and improvements of programming.
I believe WD will be enough because of my demand scanners ...When It comes to Visual Studio I´ll do the Upgrade when I have time :D

safe1st

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
Well I find It really simple and It tells/shows what you want and need to know in my opinion.SO yes Im glad I bought a licence because It works really well

Cool, I will try it too. Thank you

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.