Maximum budget (USD)
$600

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
i will get a new laptop using for auto cad 2d and civil 3d also python coding

i will not make 3d modeling but civil 3d maybe 3d modeling or may not also i will not use other auto desk application

autocad not a multi-thread app one/2 core with max frequency better thing more cores not affected
2 or 4 or 6 or 8 core at same frequency are equal advantage more core only on handle operating system and when use some app with autocad at the same time
also no need for powerful vga as i will not go for 3d modelling

also i play only football manager which like autocad need power cpu better than powered gpu'

Display Card
Minimum: 1 GB GPU with 29 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant
Recommended: 4 GB GPU with 106 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant

in my country i narrow selection also according budget to this 5 option

HDD and ram is same also i can change this in future so it is compare

CPU/GPU building laptop - battery life and cooling system

1-Lenovo idea pad 330

i5-8300h

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB GDDR5

battery 3 cell / 2cell

powerful cpu also vga ( we not need this power in Vga as i know)

battery life the worst one in lenovo forum only 2-3 hr

2-Lenovo idea pad 330

i7-8550u

NVIDIA GeForce mx130 4GB GDDR5

battery 2 cell

worst battery life also

3- hp 15 da-1018ne

i7-8656u

NVIDIA GeForce mx130 4GB GDDR5

battery 3cell 41whr

cpu close to 8300 and better in save power but 8300 more base frequency power less vga

best battery life for all according sites 7.5 hr and hp says 12.5 hr

i could not find any assembly to see cooling system

4- dell inspieron 3576

i7-8550u

AMD Radeon 520 (2GB GDDR5)

battery like hp maybe less than hp but cooling solution, consisting of a fat heat pipe that drives the heat away from both CPU and GPU. The heat is then dissipated from the heatsink by the medium-sized fan.

5- dell inspieron 3580

i7-8565u

AMD Radeon 520 (2GB GDDR5)

less battery life less cooling system but more powerful cpu

also if my company work refuse to get above
there is less than option

HP 15-DA1018NE (Intel® Core™ i5-8265U - NVIDIA GeForce® MX130 4 GB
does this better than the dell one witch i7-8550u/2g Radeon 520

Dcroft39

Jun 9, 2019
Python is such an awesome language. I'm learning it as we speak, and before my go-to would've been c++,c# or even vb6 or .net. Vb6 being the easiest of all, a dead language these days but is the language Avast antivirus was written in. And python seems to be as easy if not easier than vb6. One could easily code the same program as in c++ in 1/3 the time and code. The main problem I have so far is getting the modules and the version of python to sync up. But I'm still learning.

Jun 26, 2019
Vb6 being the easiest of all, a dead language these days but is the language Avast antivirus was written in.
Avast Antivirus was never written in only VB6 and even if it ever used VB6, it'd have been countless years ago. Avast Antivirus uses a combination of many languages at the time of writing (mainly C, C++ and web-based markup/scripting languages).

On the server-side, Avast use Python, PHP and Go to name a few. You can look at their available job positions to get more insight into what skills they need for that.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.