De Fragmentation
File and Photo backup
External Drive
System recovery
None

laserbeam

Thread author
Jun 6, 2018
I have just registered and I was asked what anti virus I used but Bullguard which I use was not listed can someone explain

Reactions: harlan4096

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Please fill out the rest of your Security Configuration, including any Browser Extensions, Data and OS backups.

I have just registered and I was asked what anti virus I used but Bullguard which I use was not listed can someone explain

For your Profile page, it's optional.
Go here: https://malwaretips.com/account/

1528280429374.png

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@laserbeam : please kindly consider:
  • Please specify the exact version of Bulguard product You have installed.
  • Enable UAC, at least, at default level.
  • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: ZAM Free and Norton Power Eraser, and MalWareBytes 4 Windows Free. CCleaner is not a virus removal tool...
  • As for "Disk Imaging Backup", You may add Macrium Reflect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliably.
  • As for "Browsers extensions" & "Web Privacy", You may add some extensions such as uBlock Origin and/or ScriptSafe, and a VPN service.
  • A PassWord Manager would be welcome also.
  • Finally consider to update Your system to Windows 10, which is more secure than W7.
  • Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here.
Thanks for sharing Your config :)

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I would add the following to your config when you have time to edit:
  • Maybe add Bleachbit & Syshardener
  • Adding Sandboxie for Browser privacy & security
  • UAC to always notify
  • Backup software such as Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backuppper
  • Look at extensions for Chrome such as Privacy Possum, Scriptsafe, uBlock Origin & Decentraleyes
  • Maybe Zemana Anti Malware & Emsisoft Emergency Kit as second opinion scanners
  • Change default search engine from Google to DuckDuckGo, Startpage or searx.me
  • VPN provider you could add which is safe & free is WindScribe
  • Maybe add OSArmor to your config
Hope you have a secure comp, look at the tips people have typed up fopr you and have a good day.

~LDogg

laserbeam

Thread author
Jun 6, 2018
Where do I go to change some information on my profile

How do I change my profile

I use Bullguard Premium Protection and that is all the protection I use also use Bullguard Firewall

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@laserbeam: go to Your 1st post where is the config is, in top right, there is a button with 3 horizontal points -> More options -> Edit thread :)

Reactions: frogboy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.