last pass/bitwarden master pass

numike

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 1, 2018
I believe I have posted this question the correct forum
Password managers and the master password:
The common inclination is to have ones master pass word a memorable pass word. Others say no no you must have a 14/16 character/digit master password. Who can remember some complicated master pass word? Who uses these password managers? Which one is better/best? And what about the master password for these password managers?
Thank You

G

Genux

The master-password should only be memorable password for yourself to remember. It's still a password, so you must add special characters and digits to add minor complexity, but not go over-board so that you need another password-manager to remember it. Everyone who uses a password manager has a master password to access the secure-database, otherwise what's the point. When you use one, don't be a blithering idiot and save your master password in a word document.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
I don't believe in special characters. I believe in length. Make it a memorable passphrase. 24 different letters give you enough complexity without confusing yourself.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I don't believe in special characters. I believe in length. Make it a memorable passphrase. 24 different letters give you enough complexity without confusing yourself.

Length is absolutely the key. Also adding a space sometimes adds a healthy level of security.

For example an easy, memorable, yet very strong MP would be something like this;

&&&&&&&&&&MalwareTips =Awesome

Easy to remember, strong enough to protect you because it's 30 characters and harder to dictionary because of the space, etc.

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.