Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
LastPass Blog: LastPass Authenticator Makes Two-Factor Easy | The LastPass Blog
About: LastPass - Multifactor Authentication
Getting Started: LastPass Authenticator | User Manual

"Today we’re introducing LastPass Authenticator, a free two-factor authentication app for your LastPass account and other supported services. LastPass Authenticator offers simple, secure two-factor authentication by generating 6-digit, time-based passcodes or sending you a push notification for one-tap login to LastPass. With a user-friendly experience, simple set-up, and convenient push notifications, LastPass Authenticator is an ideal option for you to boost your security."

Features

• Generates 6-digit codes every 30 seconds
  • Push notifications for one-tap approval
  • Support for SMS codes
  • Automated set-up via QR code
  • Support for LastPass accounts
  • Support for other TOTP-compatible services and apps (including any that support Google Authenticator)
  • Add multiple accounts

Download available for Android and iOS.
Windows Phone is available, but not yet live (coming soon).

The Push Notifications are similar to Microsoft Account Authenticator, it's a one-tap process to allow device access.

Enjoy! :D

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Was looking at this an hour ago. Seems you need to make an account with LogMeIn to use this. I'll pass. I should not have to do that (unless I can use my LastPass account... I do understand LogMeIn owns LastPass). As for the app itself, seems to have a rocky start. Not many people seem to like it. Well at least on Google Play.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Do you have a screenshot of the webpage?

This was my process:
Untitled1.png

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
screenshot_206.png

screenshot_205.png

This is what I get after I click "Enroll" in Lastpass vault settings.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
August 2016 - Update to LastPass Authenticator
The only authenticator app you need | The LastPass Blog

"Today we’re excited to announce a new update to LastPass Authenticator, making it the first authentication app to deliver a push-based, one-tap experience to verify your identity for your favorites sites, including Google, Amazon, Evernote and more.

To use push notifications for two-factor on other websites, simply ensure that you have LastPass installed in your browser(s) and that you are logged in to your LastPass account before pairing LastPass Authenticator with the website of your choice."

-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBJTxI2Fwz8

Reactions: 0136d0n and DardiM

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Have anyone tried LastPass Authenticator yet? So far anyone experience any issues on it yet?

Recently, am trying back on Password Manager. So, trying out Lastpass again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.