LastPass is in the midst of a major outage

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
no, you encrypt your password locally, then you the encrypted vault is uploaded.

I guess you're talking about Authy here? I was talking about websites which offer 2FA functionality. Let's take Google as an example, now I want to secure my account with two-step verification. I chose to protect my account with OTP generated by an authenticator. now Google will ask me to scan a QR code right? This code is store on Google's servers right? Can an attacker gain access to these 2FA keys store on Google servers and thus rendering two-step verification useless?

Reactions: Protomartyr
F

ForgottenSeer 823865

I was talking about websites which offer 2FA functionality. Let's take Google as an example, now I want to secure my account with two-step verification. I chose to protect my account with OTP generated by an authenticator. now Google will ask me to scan a QR code right? This code is store on Google's servers right? Can an attacker gain access to these 2FA keys store on Google servers and thus rendering two-step verification useless?
i mistaken what you meant.
About the case you are talking, i think it is more complicated than that. it is not my field of expertise so i cant tell much.

L

Local Host

I'm betting they're sorting all of the out now. Plus, governments of the future aren't going to give you the option to opt-out. The digital world is changing everything - especially notions of privacy, anonymity, government tracking and fundamental rights.
In the USA that is run by companies I believe they could and would enforce that, outside USA they wouldn't have such luck.

I would love for anyone to try and force me to put a micro chip in my skin.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
In the USA that is run by companies I believe they could and would enforce that, outside USA they wouldn't have such luck.

I would love for anyone to try and force me to put a micro chip in my skin.
Even in the USA, lawmakers seem to be unanimously against it.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Even in the USA, lawmakers seem to be unanimously against it.
For now...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.