Not open for further replies.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
User Account Control is a Windows protection system. Thanks to it, the changes that may affect the stability or the security of Windows, require one more step before being applied.
As mentioned above, it is important to activate it as an additional security layer.

learningexp

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 7, 2015
OK guys, thanks for your input, I adjusted the UAC to default.
@rockstarrocks - is there a reason for why should I disable realtime protection of MB? Is win defender enough or is there another reason?

Reactions: brambedkar59

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
@rockstarrocks - is there a reason for why should I disable realtime protection of MB? Is win defender enough or is there another reason?
In my experience MB uses too much resources, especially cpu. I tried it few months ago, don't know what's the current status is.
In place of MB I would have used a default deny solution like VS, SAP or CFW (with CS config).

PS you can edit your thread by clicking on 'thread tools'.

learningexp

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 7, 2015
MB version 3 is quite light on cpu, indeed earlier versions were quite demanding during scans.
Thanks for the thread tool tips, edited.

Reactions: brambedkar59
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.