leet's config

leet

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 17, 2013
It is a new desktop but not too strong ! I think firewall and antivirus are enough for the use i do.
Maybe i will replace norton with an antimalware in pro version in the future.Will see !

K Atari

Level 2
Verified
Jan 10, 2015
The config looks fine. It might be a little risky disabling UAC, but I am sure if you disabled it, you must know what you are doing.
If you ever have to use suspicious websites or files, you can use Sandboxie which is a free sandbox and will complement a system with disabled UAC.

On a separate note, how do you like outpost firewall?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would enable UAC
Add some on demand scanners such as Malwarebytes Antimalware,Hitman Pro,Herd Protect,Emsisoft Emergency Kit,etc.
Chrome extension uBlock or AdBlock +
CCleaner or Privazer if not already installed.
Looks good!! Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: illumination

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Fine configuration there, Norton AV is pretty good security program as long you are engage a lot from online matters caused their Download Insight will help you much (cloud). ;)

L

LabZero

Balanced configuration ,I would install a diagnostic tool like Piriform Speecy (free) to monitor CPU temperature,hardware settings and HD S.M.A.R.T data.

leet

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 17, 2013
The config looks fine. It might be a little risky disabling UAC, but I am sure if you disabled it, you must know what you are doing.
If you ever have to use suspicious websites or files, you can use Sandboxie which is a free sandbox and will complement a system with disabled UAC.

On a separate note, how do you like outpost firewall?

Enabled UAC again.Haven't dealt with the settings of the outpost a lot and it is quite loose right now.A very nice tool and i'm feeling obliged to learn how to configure it.Thanks for remined me important things :D

I would enable UAC
Add some on demand scanners such as Malwarebytes Antimalware,Hitman Pro,Herd Protect,Emsisoft Emergency Kit,etc.
Chrome extension uBlock or AdBlock +
CCleaner or Privazer if not already installed.
Looks good!! Thanks for sharing your config :)

Just like "K Atari" you remined me to take care important things about safety.Don't know if the antibanner tool of outpost firewall is doing the same job like AdBlock+,assuming not i will participate for the Adguard contest.Thank you for your advises.

Balanced configuration ,I would install a diagnostic tool like Piriform Speecy (free) to monitor CPU temperature,hardware settings and HD S.M.A.R.T data.
Thank you too for the advises ,already intalled the tools you suggest.I will ad them to my configuration above!

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Interesting security combo Outpost with Norton looks nice;)
Maybe you should another browser in case you have a problem with Chrome
Thanks for sharing your config:)

leet

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 17, 2013
I think i don't need Adguard.KIS has an anti banner an anti tracker and MBAM has the malicious website protection.Am i right ?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The anti-banner is more likely linked to detect any possible malicious content where a website may bundled. Not totally the overall blocking feature like those adblockers mentioned.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.