Troubleshoot Lexar NM800PRO 1TB turned to Slowpoke.

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
random BSOD, super slow and unresponsive desktop
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
NVMe test with suspect results
RAM tests passed
Your current Antivirus
kaspersky total
Hi Malwartips.
I'm having random BSOD on my little itx ryzen system. The commonality in the various stops code seems to be page fault in non-paged area & unresponsive driver type messages.
I've run memtest86 on my ram sticks and they showed no errors so i think the problem might be my boot drive, the Lexar NM800PRO.
I get "healthy" ratings in CrystalDisk but the speeds are Slowpoke af.
crystal.jpg
lexar.jpg

Here's the current hardware config:
Operating System
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
CPU
AMD Ryzen 9 3900 61 °C
Matisse 7nm Technology
RAM
64.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1769MHz (18-22-22-42)
Motherboard
ASRock B550M-ITX/ac (AM4) 41 °C
Graphics
PHL 247E6 (1920x1080@59Hz)
8176MB ATI AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT (Vastarmor)
Storage
953GB Lexar SSD NM800PRO 1TB (Unknown (SSD))
476GB SSK SCSI Disk Device (USB (SSD))
239GB Samsung Flash Drive FIT USB Device (USB )
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
AMD High Definition Audio Device

Does this look like a failing NVMe stick?
I can't reproduce the crashes. Its very random. File explorer is now taking 10s to open which is driving me crazy.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Hi there!

Based on the symptoms you've described, it's possible that your Lexar NM800PRO NVMe drive could be causing the issues on your system. The slow speeds and the errors you're experiencing could indicate a failing or malfunctioning drive.

To further validate this, you can try running some diagnostic tools specific to your SSD, such as Lexar's own SSD Toolbox or other third-party software like CrystalDiskInfo. These tools can provide more detailed information about the health and performance of your drive.

If the diagnostics confirm that the drive is indeed failing or showing signs of degradation, it's recommended to back up your data immediately and consider replacing the NVMe stick to prevent any further issues and potential data loss.

Hope this helps, and best of luck with troubleshooting your system!

Upvote 0

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
If you install Hard Disk Sentinel it will tell you instantly if there are any problems with the SSD. Nirsoft's BlueScreenView will read the crash dump (if one was saved) and may be able to tell you what driver is causing the blue screens.
The highlighted line in BlueScreenView for each crash is the one starting with "ntoskrnl.exe". Hard Disk Sentinel lists the disk status as perfect.

Upvote 0

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
The highlighted line in BlueScreenView for each crash is the one starting with "ntoskrnl.exe". Hard Disk Sentinel lists the disk status as perfect.
Running sfc found some disk errors and said it fixed them but running dism hangs at 62.5%.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.