Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Libya called for a cease-fire and a halt to military action on Friday, hours after the U.N. Security Council authorized the use of force to protect besieged civilians in Libya.

Libyan Foreign Minister Moussa Koussa, speaking to reporters Friday in Tripoli, said that in light of its membership in the United Nations, the country is "obliged to accept the Security Council resolution that permits the use of force to protect the civilian population."

"Therefore, Libya has decided an immediate ceasefire and the stoppage of all military operations," Koussa said.

Earlier Friday, talk of swift military action against Moammar Gadhafi's regime emerged in Europe.

Speaking in an interview with RTL radio, French government spokesman Francois Baroin said France plans to participate in what he described as "swift" efforts.

Link to video

More details - link

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well the only chance is the no fly zone so pro Gadhafi's forces cannot have an attacked through rebels.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Congratulations to all the country who are determined to stop this civil war.
But +1 to France who had the most determined and categorical position in this matter ,,... and will send a large number of soldiers and combat aircrafts to ensure that people aren't butchered by this madman ,named Gaddafi.

G

Guest28

I have a different point a view and sorry for anyone who gets offended for what i have to say. I think the USA needs to butt out of other people's wars. We are spending to much money on this bull and here we wonder why our economy stinks! If we don't mind our business were going to end up messing with china or North Korea and if the two team up to take us down were dead. China is very powerful.

I seriously think we have our heads up other's butts for no reason we have no business in helping other's fight wars. It's time we stop helping other's and help our selfs.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Yes, we definitely need to solve inside problems...of which their are many.

Some do argue that we are letting our allies down. The US has always been something of a policeman...without us, there might have been more world wars. The UN is a bunch of nothing.

You can't always hide and hope that things will sort themselves out, yet we have enough problems locally. So I'm not sure of the best course.

ghost

Level 1
Jan 16, 2011
From WW2 to this day US economy had boosts coming out of those so called external problems. They did help but not for free. So don't think you are loosing money. The control of OIL price coming out of Libia is more important then internal affairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.