Status
Not open for further replies.

viktik

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Light Alloy - is a compact multimedia player. It supports all popular multimedia formats. It is very easy in use but at the same time has lots of configuration settings. Player is optimized for quick launch and minimum load of the system resources.

Supports WASAPI audio renderer.
After doing some settings it works fantastic.

http://www.light-alloy.ru/

Useful Settings - http://malwaretips.com/threads/light-alloy-multimedia-player-some-useful-settings.31130/

LIGHT_ALLOY_4_7_7_004_18012014_190925.jpg

Timeline

So you can see graphically how much is played and how much is still to play

WinLIRC

Allows you to remotely control Light Alloy, for example if you are laying on the sofa

Live Preview

Just like on YouTube you can navigate with a preview window while searching on the timeline

IPTV support

Allows you to watch tv over the internet and online videos like youtube/vimeo

Internet Radio

Contains an expandable list of online radio stations which you can play and record, and a list to store your favorites

Streams switch

In case of multiple audio/subtitles streams you can easily switch from stream

Multilingual

Contains Dutch, German, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, and others

Built-in codecs

You don't have to install a codec pack anymore: you can use the player immediately after installation

Blu-Ray & DVD

You also can watch Blu-Ray and DVD with Light Alloy

Features:

• Supports built-in video/audio codecs (but still can be configured to use system codecs)
  • Full support for DVD and MKV/OGM/MP4 features.
  • Support for WinLIRC to control the player remotely.
  • Configurable playback speed from 0.1x slow to 32x fast, frame by frame playback, adjustable rewind.
  • Volume control, play time and timeline display on the control panel.
  • Additional audio features: sound amplification, normalization, shift
  • Supports playlists with the possibility of placing labels/bookmarks in the playlist or on timeline
  • Drag-n-drop support; saving playing position on player close (to resume later).
  • Richly reconfigurable mouse keys and keyboard, functional pop-up menu.
  • Video settings saving per file (brightness, contrast, saturation, sound volume level, the currently loaded subtitle, the currently selected audio track) that are reapplied next time the file is opened.
  • Ability to specify a folder to save screenshots, for creating thumbnails and full-size screenshots from the movie.

Last edited:
Y

yigido

I hade experience abaout 4K video from youtube. GomPlayer cannot run it, Windows MediaPlayer cannot run it, then I try VLC it runs 4K video fluently :cool: What about this one ? I want to give it a try because Open Source :rolleyes:

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
I have been trying this player out, and so far i like it. It starts a lot faster in my opinion then Potplayer, it is also in my native language. I still do not understand how it works with adding online radio, i tried it once or twice and i got a small pop up warning for a load fail?

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
When I checked it earlier, even the video settings like Brightness, Saturation etc were only available in the Pro version.

R

RevolutionSphere

Might have to check this out, I've been using Potplayer for last couple of weeks which I'm very impressed with it.

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
When I checked it earlier, even the video settings like Brightness, Saturation etc were only available in the Pro version.

Hmm i just quickly checked and i could increase and decrease those settings?

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Might have to check this out, I've been using Potplayer for last couple of weeks which I'm very impressed with it.

Me too..Am using PotPlayer, it's just excellent. Lol, how can they offer it for free, such an advanced media player :D

Hmm i just quickly checked and i could increase and decrease those settings?

Am not sure if things has changed, or if there is even a Pro version now...There used to be feature limitations.

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Am not sure if things has changed, or if there is even a Pro version now...There used to be feature limitations.

Ah now i see how you meant it. I thought you hat it installed in the past few days, but you must have tried it a while ago.

As for Potplayer, yeah i still have that one installed as well...just in case. :)

Vortex

Aug 23, 2014
I still do not understand how it works with adding online radio,
Just press Right Mouse Button->File->Add URL or Internet Radiostations list

There was no Pro version.

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
66.0 MB for a media player ?:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: As far I know hefty player such as VLC has 27 MB :D:D:D

viktik

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
66.0 MB for a media player ?:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: As far I know hefty player such as VLC has 27 MB :D:D:D

Themes and help files are included in Light Alloy player.

Interestingly Light Alloy with all help files is occupying 83.50 MB .

LIGHT ALLOY PLAYER DISK SPACE ANALYZER_23-08-2014_21-44-21.jpg

VLC Media Player with no local help files is occupying 105.18 MB .

VLC MEDIA PLAYER DISK SPACE ANALYZER_23-08-2014_21-47-26.jpg

So Light Alloy is more efficient in using disk space.

Reactions: Kent

Vortex

Aug 23, 2014
Oh, yeah, forgot. Stopped shareware version development in 2006 year. :)

This is because Installer version contains all Help files included (RU, PL, NL, EN, JP, UA), but when you install it only one help file which is related to your selected language is installed (since v4.8.0).
Without all unneeded additional files (like Skins, Help files, DX9 files and so on) it's just 7mb in archive or 23mb as unpacked. It can be reduced even more (at 5mb at least) if you don't need internet radio support ("bass" folder), only one language, and no tracker (it, x3m, midi, ...) music support (LABassSrc.ax, libeay32.dll, ssleay32.dll).
Situation with help files in package will be solved soon as soon as I'll finish Help section on official Light Alloy web site (http://light-alloy.ru), may be in v4.8.2 installer help files will not be included. By the way, since 4.8.0 portable version contains only PL/NL/RU help files to reduce archive size as much as possible.

Reactions: Kent

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Just press Right Mouse Button->File->Add URL or Internet Radiostations list

Yeah i know that part. :)

The problem is that when i add a radio station and then press play, then after a few seconds i get a small pop up that shows the words "Load Failure". ( But then in Dutch. ) When i click add, what information is absolutely necessary for it to work?

Vortex

Aug 23, 2014
then after a few seconds i get a small pop up that shows the words "Load Failure". ( But then in Dutch. )
Is this for all links or just for some? Give me such radio link which didn't work for you, I'll test it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.