brod56

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Hey guys.
I know many of you are a bit tired of threads comparing free AVs, but this one is a bit diferent.
I want to know what you think is the best performance free AV right now, which just has a new contester. I am aware of the detection rates considering the different modules of protection available (probably BDF>KAF>WD) but CPU/Ram usage is what Im looking at.
Compatibility with Voodooshield is also an important aspect for me, as I can't live without this wonderful piece of software.
Any comments (with Task Manager screenshots even better) are highly appreciated.

PS. Please do not suggest Avast or Avira as I had some pretty bad experiences with them in the past.

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
It will last. I've been using Panda for most of the year and in my experience it is one very few antiviruses which are extremely light. As well, the on access protection prompts me when finding a threat, rather than auto quarantining. Another plus, is very minimal false positives.

Like you, I also have disabled the Process Monitor.

Panda is giving me very occasional BSODs. I can live with that for now, because it seems to be the only antivirus which suits my needs at the moment.
It seems so since you have been using that antivirus for quite a long while. What other security software you've tried are the lightest though since you also have other criteria for choosing Panda

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
It seems so since you have been using that antivirus for quite a long while. What other security software you've tried are the lightest though since you also have other criteria for choosing Panda
K7, Tencent PC Manager, and v10 ESET products are all very light. However, I don't recommend using Tencent (buggy at times), or K7 (needs better detection rates).

The last time I used Avast, it was very light most of the time.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.