Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Norton Security Premium, Zemana Antilogger Premium, VoodooShield Premium
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Norton Power Eraser (NPE), Emsisoft Emergency Kit (EEK), Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, AdwCleaner by Malwarebytes, Zemana Antilogger Premium
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox: HTTPS Everywhere, AdGuard AdBlocker, Windscribe VPN, Norton Safe Web, NoScript, and every once in a while uBlock Origin to compare against Adguard AdBlocker
Maintenance tools
7-Zip, Adguard Premium, AOMEI Dynamic Disk Manager Pro Edition (latest stable), AOMEI Parition Assistant Pro Edition (latest stable), GlassWire Elite (latest release), Hard Disk Sentinel Pro (latest release), Wise Care 365, VMware Workstation Pro 15 (latest release), Windscribe, Macrium Reflect Free (latest release), AOMEI Backupper Pro (latest release), Acronis True Image 2019 (Paid and latest release), Shadow Defender [Lifetime License/Latest Release], Sandboxie (Paid), Windows Repair from Tweaking.com (Free), BleachBit (Portable & Free), Zemana AntiMalware (Portable & Free), Revo Uninstaller v4 (Pro Portable - Paid), Malwarebytes JRT (Portable & Free & Discontinued [still good for finding nasty stuff, but the end of life was April 26, 2018]), SecureMyBit DHScan, viBoot from Macrium Reflect (latest stable)
File and Photo backup
NA - Looking into a new solution at the moment!
System recovery
Macrium Reflect Free (latest stable), AOMEI Backupper Pro (Paid and latest stable), Acronis True Image 2019 (Paid and latest release)

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Some really good upgrades and updates on your setup! Thanks for sharing!

~LDogg

@LDogg thank you! I like to stay up on the latest generation of software to keep up with the changing times. Lots of great updates have been made to the software I own and use.

thanks for sharing:giggle:

@bribon77 Your welcome!!

You're not paranoid, you're insane! :LOL: No, you're just paranoid! Nice setup, but $$$? Thanks for sharing. (y)

@oldschool How's it going!? Yeah I'm paranoid and perhaps a little insane!! haha Na' I agree I'm a bit paranoid. Indeed the setup does cost some serious chunk of change; however, I have gotten some great deals over the years. Every year on various websites Norton goes on a deep discount so I snag the license for a super good deal. VMware Workstation Pro is a large chunk of change that I spend on each year that cost some serious amount of money. However, VMware has some good Customer Service (if anyone ever needs to work with them) and they usually cut me a deal being that I have been with them for so long. Therefore a plug for them - hats off to VMware for your great customer service!!

Revo Uninstaller v4 with two years of free upgrades direct from the manufacture cost some serious money too, but they too have great customer service that likes to keep their customers coming back through a nice discount. Bitsdujour (well known website) sometimes puts their Pro Portable up for a nice deal too. Worth a look!

Acronis True Image 2018/2019 is some great software that costs some serious money too. However, I have been very lucky to get some free upgrades. If you buy the 2018 version after a certain period of time you can upgrade for free to 2019 per Customer Support: PC backup software | Acronis True Image

Therefore, when I see Acronis True Image 2018 go on sale (sometimes free after mail in rebate) I jump for it and then go for the 2019 version too - through the free upgrade. Of course I have to wait for the mail in rebate to show and sometimes follow up a few times on the mail in rebate, but in the end minus my time it becomes free and I get the latest version for free too. Acronis has some great software and some good customer support. However, Macrium Reflect Free along with viBoot is super cool!!! If folks don't have the money or funds to get Acronis True Image 2018 (even for free through mail in rebate which puts you on the hook for a while) I say Macrium Reflect Free with viBoot is amazing (hence the reason why I use it too).

Well folks, I think I'm going to go with the Professional version of Windows 10 as it allows some really sweet upgrades over Home. I'm in the process of finding a great deal on Windows 10 Pro. Part of me just doesn't want to purchase $200 x 2 ($400), but I'm ready to see what I can find on Black Friday/Cyber Monday for deals. This will likely mark one of the larger upgrades to my build once I do buy it.

Plug out there for VoodooShield Premium - just wow!! Wowzers!! I'm really liking the improvements and the great work that is being done with the software. What a great investment VoodooShield Premium truly is. Even the free version is amazing.

All in all I have spent some serious money on my setup, but I have found some great deals on software throughout the years so I'm thankful for that and wonder folks at the various companies I have actually had the pleasure of meeting via phone, email, support forums etc.

~Brian

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.