Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
But the problem of bitdefender is internet. It put your internet very slow and sometime crash. 360 IS use bitdefender engine, and it have the same problem?

bitdefender-engine in other vendors makes no such problems... ;)

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
My opinion.
Avira, Avast, Panda.
Choose what you like. Panda depends almost totally on internet connection as its a cloud av. Avira is mostly a signature based product while having a cloud module and avast is more balanced as compared to the other two.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
360 isn't lightweight it use to much ram ...better to go for BD Free With any Firewall (Didn't used too many antivirus)
Lightweight doesn't mean low RAM usage, ESET uses 60-70MB RAM but is very light and I can surf the web at normal speed when scans are running (no slowdowns).

BD Free is probably discontinued or in BD's back of their head, it has no option for on-demand scan and it auto-quarantine.

vindiesel

Level 7
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
Hello friend I recommend these 3 but the best of them is ESET.

Eset charges.

Avira Free is consuming less resources, but because it has a firewall, but also has a good detection rate.

Avast Free has no firewall and consumes few resources, but detection is average.

Eset, Avira or Avast.

Last edited:

VirusAttak

Level 4
Verified
Aug 31, 2014
you're wrong... Qihoo 360 IS is more lighter ... only 360 TS with all engines have a higher consumption... ;)
I had 360 total security in mind ...maybe I'm wrong never used it :)

Lightweight doesn't mean low RAM usage, ESET uses 60-70MB RAM but is very light and I can surf the web at normal speed when scans are running (no slowdowns).

BD Free is probably discontinued or in BD's back of their head, it has no option for on-demand scan and it auto-quarantine.

My Bad I thought it also included Low Ram uses. they are providing a program so called 60-second virus scanner

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Hello friend I recommend these 3 but the best of them is ESET.

Eset charges.

Avira Free is consuming less resources, but because it has a firewall, but also has a good detection rate.

Avast Free has no firewall and consumes few resources, but detection is average.

Eset, Avira or Avast.
Avira free does nor have a firewall, it just has a simple module to see if windows firewall is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.