Which is better in terms of:
  1. Overall
  2. Performance
  3. Design
  4. Features
  5. Security
  6. Other
How is Kali Linux.
Is there any special language needed to use Terminal in Linux.

D

Deleted member 178

1st, you have to know that :

Mint comes from Ubuntu that comes from Debian.

also that there is different default "design" , by this i mean :

Unlike Windows 9x to 8 (which has only one desktop possible), each Linux distro has several Desktop "module" that is plugged on the Windows Manager (this one you don't see it) , itself plugged on the Kernel.

so taking, for example, my distro is Mint Cinnamon , it means i used Mint's Kernel with Cinnamon Desktop; but you also have Mint Mate or Mint KDE , etc... i practice you can have several desktop usable,

Which is better in terms of:
  1. Overall: Mint is based on Ubuntu but was "improved" , some says it is better.
  2. Performance: Mint, it uses half the resources of Ubuntu; on my system 300-400mb RAM and same cpu usage as Win8.1.1
  3. Design: just a matter of taste, you should try all the Desktop ; personally i prefer Mint
  4. Features: Ubuntu is more popular and has more features than Mint , why it uses more RAM.
  5. Security: That i the fun part , Linux by default is very secure; on Ubuntu & Mint you can't access to the true admin account (called Root) like Windows, you are under limited rights; but you can get admin rights (aka superuser priviledges) via elevated commands (for managing tasks. It means you don't need any security softs ! not saying that you have far less malwares in Linux than Windows.
  6. Other: ubuntu is the "Windows of Linux" and was designed to be like this ; also it has a bigger software center (aka Linux"playstore").

How is Kali Linux.

Kali Linux is a distro based on debian and purposely made for forensic with dozen of penetration tools ; some people call it the Hacker OS

Is there any special language needed to use Terminal in Linux.

No, it is the real shell of Linux , you have to learn its commands to run Linux properly. it means you can run Linux without a desktop just via terminal; it is why Linux is more used in the industry than Windows; because you need less resources/hardwares

for final note, other members will have different opinions since we select a distro based on preferences and needs , we are not bound by Microsoft.

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Between ubuntu mint I prefer Mint because is a ubuntu improved and i love Cinnamon.
But I prefer:
Manjaro.
  1. Overall: Based on arch, light, fast, beautiful
  2. Performance: Excellent performance
  3. Design: Tons of desktops including Cinammon 10/10
  4. Features: Like aall linux?
  5. Security: All packages are updated to latest version solving known bugs, I think is more secure then ubuntu / mint
  6. Other: Just try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.