Littebits New Laptop

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
Acer Aspire V5-571P-6464 15.6" Touch Screen Laptop

Bought from Staples- http://www.staples.com/Acer-V5-571P-6464-Burst-156-Touch-Screen-Laptop/product_130417

Added 2-year Complete Care Basic Protection Plan from Staples because it has 3 year warranty.

Acer_Aspire_V5_35472862_05_610x436.jpg

Acer_Aspire_V5_35472862_09_620x350.jpg

Video & Review from Cnet

System Details provided by Piriform Speccy

WlspWtt.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This Laptop is extremely fast, it originally had McAfee Internet Security pre-installed but I got rid of it and I'm just using Windows Defender with Windows Firewall. I got even faster after getting rid of McAfee. I also got rid of the trialware junk that was pre-installed.

Comes with Acer Backup and Acer Recovery Management which allows to to schedule backups of system images and user files to USB devices or DVD's. Create re-install disc or USB.

Also allows you to restore factory settings without having to re-install Windows, complete restore which re-installs Windows and wipes your hard drive and Re-install Drivers or Applications.

Comes with Acer Live Updater which will update system drivers, Bios and Acer software patches. Very handy program.

AcerCloud which allows you to access your files anytime anywhere from your registered devices for free.

I'm still trying to get use to the Touch Screen, there are just some things that is a lot more easy to do with the mouse and keyboard like clicking small links on webpages, copying and pasting, opening programs from your taskbar, etc. I disabled the ELAN Pointing Device and I'm using a external HP mouse.

I installed IObit StartMenu8 to help with getting used to Windows 8. It is so much easier for me. All other system configurations are set to default except Firefox is my default browser.

This Laptop will only be used when I don't have access to my Desktop because it fits me perfectly.

Enjoy!!:D

Last edited:

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Just perfect for everyday needs. Also by looking at that you don't game often or at all?

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
McLovin said:
Just perfect for everyday needs. Also by looking at that you don't game often or at all?

I just play a few game apps and online games, I don't play PC games at all.

Of coarse Laptops are not good for playing PC games although some users will buy a high end Laptop for playing games it is never a good idea since Laptop components usually can not be upgraded most of the time and they tend to over-heat. The only option to play the most recent released PC games is to buy another Laptop with required components, then it won't be long before that new Laptop will not support future PC games. PC games are in rapid development the only affordable way to keep your system upgraded is to use a Desktop that can support components upgrades.

Thanks.:D

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
Valentin N said:
how much did you pay for it?

The regular price is $799.99 if bought from Acer.
The sales price was $599.90 at Staples.
Plus I got an additional $50.00 discount for buying a two year service plan with my Staples Reward Card.

So I paid $549.99 for the Laptop and $85.09 for the two year service plan. Already covered for one year from Acer and the two year service plan starts after that year.

I got a very good deal.;)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Littlebits said:
I just play a few game apps and online games, I don't play PC games at all.

I see. Thought so by the graphics and the i3 Processor. ;)

I

illumination

Im confused, one screen shot says i3 the other says i7 :D Either way, looks like a nice laptop, and from experience, my old system i now use for testing is an Acer Aspire, with a single core AMD, i have had it for over 3 years, and i can personally attest to the amount of stress it has been through, and it is still going strong.. The reset to factory settings is very handy, i have used it upon many occasions for testing purposes... For an every day laptop surfing, away from the desktop, you should be quite pleased!

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Littlebits said:
Valentin N said:

Plus I got an additional $50.00 discount for buying a two year service plan with my Staples Reward Card.

So I paid $549.99 for the Laptop and $85.09 for the two year service plan. Already covered for one year from Acer and the two year service plan starts after that year.

It depends but its a very good ultrabook deal, I would have added an other 100 and would then have gotten Acer Ultra m5 that has backlit keyboard and powerful dGPU which in my view is defentally worth the 100 extra

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
Valentin N said:
Littlebits said:
Valentin N said:

It depends but its a very good ultrabook deal, I would have added an other 100 and would then have gotten Acer Ultra m5 that has backlit keyboard and powerful dGPU which in my view is defentally worth the 100 extra

None of the ultrabooks come with Touch Screen or Windows 8, they all included Windows 7 without Touch Screen unless you are willing to pay over $1000.00. It does have has blue neon backlit keyboard.

This is the price of Acer Touch Screens- http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100006550%2050001146%2040003090%20600414170&IsNodeId=1&name=Yes

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
illumination said:
Im confused, one screen shot says i3 the other says i7 :D Either way, looks like a nice laptop, and from experience, my old system i now use for testing is an Acer Aspire, with a single core AMD, i have had it for over 3 years, and i can personally attest to the amount of stress it has been through, and it is still going strong.. The reset to factory settings is very handy, i have used it upon many occasions for testing purposes... For an every day laptop surfing, away from the desktop, you should be quite pleased!

I just noticed that, PC Wizard 2012 and Piriform Speccy did not identify the CPU correctly. HWiNFO64 has the correct CPU info.

Staples was sold out of the i5 laptops or I might have went for that, they did have i7 laptops for $1400.00, I didn't want to pay that much.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Littlebits said:
Valentin N said:
Littlebits said:
Valentin N said:

None of the ultrabooks come with Touch Screen or Windows 8, they all included Windows 7 without Touch Screen unless you are willing to pay over $1000.00. It does have has blue neon backlit keyboard.

This is the price of Acer Touch Screens- http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100006550%2050001146%2040003090%20600414170&IsNodeId=1&name=Yes

The you should take a look at Asus S400. Anyhow, touch screen can be a pain; I have had a touch screen laptop and I must say I am happy I moved to a non-touch screen laptop.

What's wrong with ultrabooks that come win7? You can always upgrade to 8

I am willing to sacrifice the touch screen feature and get other relevant feature such as dGPU and blacklit keyboard (which helps a lot if you work in dark environment)

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
Valentin N said:
Littlebits said:
Valentin N said:
Littlebits said:
Valentin N said:

The you should take a look at Asus S400. Anyhow, touch screen can be a pain; I have had a touch screen laptop and I must say I am happy I moved to a non-touch screen laptop.

I am willing to sacrifice the touch screen feature and get other relevant feature such as dGPU and blacklit keyboard (which helps a lot if you work in dark environment)

I guess you missed the fact that this laptop has blacklit keyboard (neon blue), looks awesome in the dark and I'm not a PC gamer so my GPU works good for me. I wanted a touch screen with Windows 8, and so far I really like it. Like I said there was no ultrabooks available with Touch Screen and Windows 8 unless you wanted to pay at least $1000 plus another $200 for the two year service plan.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Littlebits said:
Valentin N said:
Littlebits said:
Valentin N said:
Littlebits said:

I guess you missed the fact that this laptop has blacklit keyboard (neon blue), looks awesome in the dark and I'm not a PC gamer so my GPU works good for me. I wanted a touch screen with Windows 8, and so far I really like it. Like I said there was no ultrabooks available with Touch Screen and Windows 8 unless you wanted to pay at least $1000 plus another $200 for the two year service plan.

Seems I missed that it has blacklit keyboard :D.

What do you think of the build quality?

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
What do you think of the build quality?

I believe it is excellent for the price that I paid.
Touch Screens are not cheap, it looks like Acer has the best prices.
I usually prefer HP laptops, but their Touch Screens are more then twice the amount of Acer's. I also like AMD CPU's better then Intel but I could find any online or local that was in the same price range and offered as many features as this Acer laptop.

Reactions: Overkill

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
MrXidus said:
How's your battery life for this on a full charge?

I don't really use it for extended periods since I have a desktop.
The only time I remember the battery getting low is when I was playing Angry Birds on Google Chrome for about 4 hours and it still wasn't completely dead. The battery suppose to last up to 5 hours since it has never went completely dead on me, I believe it would last for 5 hours. I always keep it plugged up after each use and when taking it with me, I use a cigarette lighter plugin adapter to change it in my vehicle.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Littlebits said:
MrXidus said:

The only time I remember the battery getting low is when I was playing Angry Birds on Google Chrome for about 4 hours and it still wasn't completely dead. The battery suppose to last up to 5 hours since it has never went completely dead on me, I believe it would last for 5 hours. I always keep it plugged up after each use and when taking it with me, I use a cigarette lighter plugin adapter to change it in my vehicle.

Oh right, Care to share your desktop computer specifications?

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
MrXidus said:
Littlebits said:
MrXidus said:

Oh right, Care to share your desktop computer specifications?

It is already on the first post unless there is something that I missed.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.