Security updates
Check for updates and Notify
User Access Control
Real-time security
none
Firewall security
About custom security
Apparmor enforce mode
Custom Kernel 5.4.2 Removed & added some features.
LKRG
Firejail - Firefox and other apps.
nftables custom ruleset.
Periodic malware scanners
none
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox ESR uBlock, Malwarebytes, Emsisfot, Lastpass.
Chrome Emsisoft &Malwarebytes.
Maintenance tools
Searchmonkey
File and Photo backup
HDD
System recovery
Timeshift
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Working from home
Computer specs
i7-7700
RTX 2070
20GB DDR4
240GB SSD (OS) + 3HDD

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Removed: ZAM Premium+HMPA free+NetLimiter.

Currently I have Kaspersky Free and RusRoute firewall, this last firewall I find really interesting, reminds me in some functions to Kerio but with the possibility of using it for free. (y)

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Well finally I have left Windows and installed Debian 10 XFCE. Additionally I downloaded and compiled the Kernel to my liking, added the Linux Kernel Runtime Guard and firejail. Little by little I become familiar with the Linux environment, which by the way is very good. Let's see how much I am in the Linux operating environment, just in case I have a saved image of my Windows 10 installation.

The Debian Xfce system is very light and with open browsers and other applications I consume very few resources.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I am also using Debian, with xfce, going very fast and without problems is a way to rest from the stress that Windows produces and in another MX Linux partition.
I am more in Linux than in Windows.:)
Good choice(y)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.