Status
Not open for further replies.

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Sometimes i'll be reading a post when i'm not signed in and once I do sign in it re-directs me to the main page rather than bringing me back to the post/thread I was reading, can this be changed?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
It can, but then you can get people that have not read a thread before being redirected to a thread they might not want to read. So I personally think that it's best to have it on the homepage. Also who needs to log out? :p

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
How would they get redirected to a thread they haven't read? I said if i'm on a thread once I sign in i'd like to be redirected back to where I was before I signed in

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
MRF71 said:
How would they get redirected to a thread they haven't read? I said if i'm on a thread once I sign in i'd like to be redirected back to where I was before I signed in

Ahh, woops, misread read it there. In that case, not sure if it can be done. Might be able too.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I believe it is because once you sign in it is an automatic redirect to the home or portal page.Wilders is on Vbulletin.On my vbulletin If I am not signed in,I can go to a forum and sign in it takes me back to the forum I was at.Mine though is set that if you try and read a post and are not signed in it requires you to either sign in or read the rules and register.This is MyBB and therefore might be different.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
White you are right. These are 2 totally different forum software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.