TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Good evening.. I'm soon going to make a false positive test on some products... Can you please make a list of some free computer software? Please do not include any security related one (anti-virus, anti-malware ecc)

Reactions: Marko :)

Thirio

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 3, 2017
Yeah, but I'm not sure that any security software is going to detect those because they are too popular. What @TheMalwareMaster needs are the safe programs which are not really known and/or not used by much people.
Not true I had Avira installed on a machine one time and tried to download from ninite and Opencandy was being blocked from installing. Post edited with more links though.

Reactions: TheMalwareMaster

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Not true I had Avira installed on a machine one time and tried to download from ninite and Opencandy was being blocked from installing. Post edited with more links though.
What did you try to install with Ninite that had OpenCandy?

What I'm trying to say is that, Ninite has huge list of really popular programs. For example, it's pointless to include Winamp, FileZilla or Revo (those are some of popular programs from Ninite) in test because every antivirus software will say that those are clean. I think that he needs less popular but still used products.

Last edited:

Thirio

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 3, 2017
What did you try to install with Ninite that had OpenCandy?
I'm pretty sure it was Imgburn detected as Opencandy. Those are "commonly used programs" as OP asked for. Unless you have a better suggestion but I don't see it in this thread yet. Please help OP instead of criticizing my post.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
I'd like to test VoodooShield and see how many not proper command line alerts are going to appear. Lately, they quite totally disappeared for legit programs (in autopilot). But I want to make a test

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
I'm pretty sure it was Imgburn detected as Opencandy. Those are "commonly used programs" as OP asked for. Unless you have a better suggestion but I don't see it in this thread yet. Please help OP instead of criticizing my post.
I didn't criticize your post, I was just wondering which program contained OpenCandy. I'm sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to.
I'd like to test VoodooShield and see how many not proper command line alerts are going to appear. Lately, they quite totally disappeared for legit programs (in autopilot). But I want to make a test
Here are some programs as well: 112 Best Free Downloads, Sites, and Services: The Full List

Last edited:

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
HideMyIpFree
TMAC
NetLimiter
NetCut
NetCut Defender
HyperCam
Minimal ADB and Fastboot
TechPower GPU-Z
Wondershare PDF Converter

This are the not-so-known i use.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Here are some of the not so popular programs I use:
SMplayer (Mplayer based media player)
Fotosizer (for better compression of images with almost same quality)
Rapr: windows driver explorer (removing old device drivers)
3dp chip lite (provides latest drivers)
File Assassin (unlocking a file)
Light bulb (same thing as win10 night light)
Input tools setup (google app for providing Indic typing)
Pc remote receiver (using Android phone's gyroscope as remote game controller)
Virtual router (creating hotspot using laptop's wifi)
Who crashed (diagnosing which driver caused bsod)
Mini lyrics (display lyrics for songs on vlc and wmp)
Oxelon media converter

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.