Looking for opinions for good security

jenniferatemple

Thread author
Verified
Oct 2, 2013
I want to find a good anti virus/malware protection with support in the USA or Canada. I think people should have support (jobs) in their homeland, if you live in India, great to have support there, the same for the rest of us! Does anyone have an idea. McAfee is not here. I just took them out after calling "help and support". .ca would be my preference.

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
well welcome to MalwareTips and the guys here can fix you up with good security and other related techie stuff too

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus is in Broomfield, CO and has great support and you can get 6 months free
to give it a try in this thread
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Promo-Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus-2014-3-PCs-free-for-6-months

Malwarebytes Antimalware is great also and in San Jose,CA

thanks

James

:)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You can post your current/upcoming security config here:
http://malwaretips.com/Forum-Security-Configuration-Wizard

We'll get a better idea what software to suggestion.

jenniferatemple

Thread author
Verified
Oct 2, 2013
jenniferatemple said:
I want to find a good anti virus/malware protection with support in the USA or Canada. I think people should have support (jobs) in their homeland, if you live in India, great to have support there, the same for the rest of us! Does anyone have an idea. McAfee is not here. I just took them out after calling "help and support". .ca would be my preference.

Many thanks to all that replied to this post. I just purchased the "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro" it is presently scanning and so far has detected (questionable) 24 items, pups, infact. I'll look into the virus protection next.

jenniferatemple

Thread author
Verified
Oct 2, 2013
jim lin said:
Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus is in Broomfield, CO and has great support and you can get 6 months free
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Promo-Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus-2014-3-PCs-free-for-6-months

thanks

James

I don't think "Malwarebytes Antimalware" does virus protection. DO! correct me if I am wrong about that. It would save me a few bucks if that is the case.

I

illumination

jenniferatemple said:
jim lin said:

thanks

James

The paid version does have real time protection..

I don't think "Malwarebytes Antimalware" does virus protection. DO! correct me if I am wrong about that. It would save me a few bucks if that is the case.

The paid version does have real time protection..

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
Malwarebytes is NOT a virus protection program it looks for things that the virus program misses

it is a lifetime license if you buy but can be used for free as long as you like even after the trial
is over and it will still remove what it finds for free also

i have the pro version i got from Beta testing for them but i only use it on-demand because i use other
protection such as Light virtualization,sandboxie ect.

nothing wrong with the pro version you just still need a AV with it

thanks

James

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.