Looking for testers

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fabian Wosar

Thread author
Hi guys,

Since at least some of you play around with malware on a regular basis I wanted to post about one of the upcoming Emsisoft pre-release tests here.

In the past couple of months we worked hard to implement a completely new generic cleaning engine. The engine has been tested internally by our entire research staff for quite some time now and we are planning to move to closed pre-release testing in our forum within the next week or two. Most of our existing testers don't test against actual malware but only against a wide variety of normal products. For cleaning engine tests that simply isn't enough though.

We are therefore currently looking for additional testers that know how to handle malware on either a VM or dedicated testing machine. The idea is to throw as much malware on the testing system as possible and clean it using the new cleaning engine to see if malware is removed properly, including any registry references, start up locations, redirections etc., and to see if anything breaks or resists removal.

Please keep in mind that we don't allow reviews of our products while within the non-public testing stages. So if you plan to join the test to do a video review or anything like that, I will have to disappoint you as it will get you kicked out of the tester team pretty much immediately. However, we do offer free licenses of all our products to all testers and we are considering handing out Amazon gift cards to the most active testers.

If you are interested you can find all necessary information about how to join the test here:

http://support.emsisoft.com/forum-0/announcement-12-joining-the-emsisoft-tester-team/

Thank you for your time! :)

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
count me in ! (i am already an Emsisoft closed-beta tester) ^^

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Fabian found the good forum for that, most of us are "malware testers" at different levels ^^

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
ok cool I will help out with the testing,just let me know with which OS you want EAM to be tested.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
@Umbra: what if it it's Linux? Lol just kidding.

I would really love to help, but I am taking this term in school seriously. I will see if I can organize my time. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.