Lordman config

lordman

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 18, 2013
DNS: OpenDNS
Backup: Backup HD internal, Dropbox Pro and external usb for some important data.

lordman

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 18, 2013
Actually i am testing Norton DNS too. I have doubts abaut whats better.

OpenDNS has a faster ping and faster domain resolution as norton dns.

I have two antivirus, but i use some days one real protection and other days another protection.

lordman

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 18, 2013
When XP support ends i change windows or i change computer. :)

nishaddesilva

Level 3
Aug 26, 2012
Do you use both FProt and Avira in realtime? If so how's FProt and is it designed to be run alongside another AV?
BTW your config is good and may I suggest you add WOT and Lastpass extensions to Firefox.

lordman

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 18, 2013
No, i only use one at time. One as real time and other as on demand scan only.

Now i am using F-Prot as real time.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I'm not sure if this will be ok but F-Prot does become below mediocre and known for FP sensitivity.

Its development were acquired by Commtouch (Authentium).

Or you may try Coranti for multiple AV engines that F-prot is included.

lordman

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 18, 2013
F-Prot is an old antivirus i have been using it from abaut 1991. There are better options like Avira, F-Secure, Kaspersky, GData.... but F-Prot works ok on my low risk environment. I like F-Prot. :)

Commtouh adquired F-Prot last year and will be new version this year.

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
why not use comodo IS or avast free? won't it be better than f-prot? i know you like it but just saying you could try and see!what are the specs of your pc?is it a single processor or dual core core 2 duo?

lordman

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 18, 2013
I have a single processor. I test Avast a lot of time ago, i use avira generally when i dont use f-prot. I will test avast other time. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.