Lorem Ipsum: discovering a secret language

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Imagine discovering a secret language:
Lorem Ipsum : Of Good & Evil, Google & China
: on krebsonsecurity.com : http://krebsonsecurity.com/2014/08/lorem-ipsum-of-good-evil-google-china/

Imagine discovering a secret language spoken only online by a knowledgeable and learned few. Over a period of weeks, as you begin to tease out the meaning of this curious tongue and ponder its purpose, the language appears to shift in subtle but fantastic ways, remaking itself daily before your eyes. And just when you are poised to share your findings with the rest of the world, the entire thing vanishes.

.. I’ve worked alongside security researchers in an effort to understand how “lorem ipsum” — common placeholder text on countless Web sites — could be transformed into so many apparently geopolitical and startlingly modern phrases when translated from Latin to English using Google Translate. (If you have no idea what “lorem ipsum” is, skip ahead to a brief primer here).
Admittedly, this blog post would make more sense if readers could fully replicate the results described below using Google Translate. However, as I’ll explain later, something important changed in Google’s translation system late last week that currently makes the examples I’ll describe impossible to reproduce.
.. ..
ipsum lorem.png
lQRLkkA.png

Read MORE on the website, please!

My little find:
Latin: lorem ipsum Ipsum orem Lorem ipsum LOREM lo ip
English: lorem ipsum lorem ipsum lorem Him I pray in a collapsing building episodes - you see this ..
Another find:
Latin: lorem ipsum ipsum ipsum lore
English: lorem ipsum very very sexy

- then at your tips, please

Last edited:
Reactions: Venustus and vrb93

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I think that someone 'improve' Google translation, by using 'Improve this translation' button ..

About 'China' word in translation: look on many Chinese spammers, which spams with this Latin text ..

This topic should move to 'Space Bar' section, what you think

LOL?

PS. Generate Lorem Ipsum : http://www.lipsum.com/ .. and translate your results ..

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.