Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
:welcomewave:

Today, when I turned on the computer and tried to boot into Windows, I found that winload.exe was corrupted. I tried to fix it from the Windows Installation Disc using the commands: bootrec /fixmbr and bootrec /fixboot and then I restarted the system. And the surprise was:
1) Linux bootloader was lost
2) Windows was still corrupted!!!

Then the last solution to fix Windows was System Restore. I restored the Windows, but the Linux bootloader was still lost. Can you help me restoring the Linux bootloader?

Basic information about my Linux installation:
Installation type: Custom Installation (by booting from the disc that contains Ubuntu and installing it)

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
if you ever delete "something" related to the Ubuntu file in windows?
I ever like this.
but, I did re-install (Ubuntu)

READ this:
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-restore-grub-boot-loader-after-installing-windows.html
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RecoveringUbuntuAfterInstallingWindows

hope that's will help you.

Upvote 0

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Thank you! This link helped me :)

1. I used the Ubuntu CD
2. I used the second option to install boot repair.
3. When boot repair opened, I clicked recommended repair.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.