Version or Build no.
    System type
    64-bit operating system; x64-based processor
    User Access Control
    Always Notify
    Network Security (Firewall)
    Windows Defender Firewall
    Device Security
  • Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
  • User Account
    Sign-in Accounts
    Malware Testing
    I do not participate in downloading malware samples
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
    Windows Defender
    SmartScreen & UAC
    Voodooshield Beta 3.44
    RTP - Custom security settings
  • Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    VoodooAi Beta 0.90
    VT Uploader
    Browsers and Extensions
    Google Chrome 64bit, version 53.0.2785.143
    Readability, Ublock Origin, Ip and Domain, VTChromizer,Lastpass
    Web Search
  • Google
  • System Utilities
    Windows inbuilt tools
    Frequency of Data backups
    Frequency of System backups
    Occasionally
    L

Lucent Warrior

Added:

-Google Chrome 64bit, version 53.0.2785.101
    -Readability, Ublock Origin, Ip and Domain, VTChromizer,Lastpass

-Virus Total Uploader

I tried to show some love to Microsoft Edge, but just can not do it. Many issues rendering pages correctly "without an adblocker" if you add one of the two now available adblockers, the rendering becomes worse, if not complete freezing. It was like driving a Pinto with a fresh paint job but running on 3 cylinders, while switching back over to chrome was like climbing back into the finely tuned Hemi. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 37
    Verified
    Trusted
    Added:

-Google Chrome 64bit, version 53.0.2785.101
    -Readability, Ublock Origin, Ip and Domain, VTChromizer,Lastpass

-Virus Total Uploader

I tried to show some love to Microsoft Edge, but just can not do it. Many issues rendering pages correctly "without an adblocker" if you add one of the two now available adblockers, the rendering becomes worse, if not complete freezing. It was like driving a Pinto with a fresh paint job but running on 3 cylinders, while switching back over to chrome was like climbing back into the finely tuned Hemi. ;)
    Nice additions, @Lucent Warrior.:)
    Your Pinto analogy was such a funny:D (..& also :eek:scary) real memory from my personal X-Files as a young passenger imprisoned in the back seat, and surrounded by glue stains from the shag carpets that were removed from the molding..o_O Then, even more alarming, the entire car would shake:confused: as the needle drew closer to 40 mph!:rolleyes: Back on topic: Yes, the Hemi (I can hear it's deep throaty purr, and envision it now) in all it's 64 bit Chrome glory.:cool: You've made the right move!
    Upgraded: Vmware Workstation Pro to version 12.5.0 build-4352439

Reflected in the OP.
    Ah, I'm one cat whom shall gratefully copy you!:p
    P.S.

Secure your system and still maintain a beautiful balance of usability and security...

My system at idle.
    View attachment 115387
    A very nice state.:)
    This image captures the final gratifying thoughts similar to, and at the close of, a very satisfying video review!:cool:

L

LabZero

Very solid config! :)

WD+Appguard is an excellent combo.
    Nothing is bulletproof, but I like the "In-Direct-Memory-Execution" protection of Appguard. This type of attack occurs when a malware is directly decoded in memory and, how decoded file, it is never on the disc and the malware is executed directly from the memory.
    AV probably doesn't detect always these type of attacks.

L

Lucent Warrior

Very solid config! :)

WD+Appguard is an excellent combo.
    Nothing is bulletproof, but I like the "In-Direct-Memory-Execution" protection of Appguard. This type of attack occurs when a malware is directly decoded in memory and, how decoded file, it is never on the disc and the malware is executed directly from the memory.
    AV probably doesn't detect always these type of attacks.
    Users tend to rely too much on their security and not enough on safer habits/knowledge and experience.
    I have used many different security configurations in the last 6 years, and they all have one thing in common, not one single infection ;)
    At least on my Host that is, can not say the same thing for my Guest in the VM ;) :D

L

Lucent Warrior

It's not updated because Dan is playing a guessing game trying to figure out the freeze issue giving new versions every few days. Hope he is a lucky dude but it doesn't seem to be the case.
    Im well aware of what is taking place in Dans thread over at Wilders. It is where i got the link. Dan is one man with a handful of users coming at him with this issue, all on different hardware, using different software combo's and of course, tweaking things until they break, such is the life of the security enthusiast. :rolleyes:

Interestingly enough, i can run this software on my host and in my guest and have no issues with either of them freezing, matter of fact, all is running smooth.

SHvFl

Level 35
    Verified
    Trusted
    Content Creator
    Im well aware of what is taking place in Dans thread over at Wilders. It is where i got the link. Dan is one man with a handful of users coming at him with this issue, all on different hardware, using different software combo's and of course, tweaking things until they break, such is the life of the security enthusiast. :rolleyes:

Interestingly enough, i can run this software on my host and in my guest and have no issues with either of them freezing, matter of fact, all is running smooth.
    I don't have freezes either. Probably had them twice but that doesn't matter when all those people have problems.

Very good config, can't find anything wrong with it really. The only thing I would add is something like zemana. HMP costs money and I don't suggest MBAM because it wouldn't really detect anything that your current security will (In most cases). So zemana is free and has very good detection ratio.

L

Lucent Warrior

Very good config, can't find anything wrong with it really. The only thing I would add is something like zemana. HMP costs money and I don't suggest MBAM because it wouldn't really detect anything that your current security will (In most cases). So zemana is free and has very good detection ratio.
    Thank you for your recommendation..
    After reading it, i thought i would reply, revealing a insight into me for those that do not know me.

If Malware were able to make it past my main security configuration, i can predict it's future, and that is, it will not end well ;)