Lunascape 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I am trying out a new browser called "Lunascape 6", from Orion. Thought you all might like to know.

http://download.cnet.com/Lunascape/3000-2356_4-10310739.html

Well, that was short lived. I already knocked it off my PC.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I didn't use before but my older brother used long time ago, its great since 3 major browser engines are combine into one.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Actually Lunascape was combine with Gecko (Firefox), Webkit (Safari) and Trident (Internet Explorer).

Also from the mainpage of lunascape it was performed better in SunSpider Javascript test.

D

Deleted member 178

just installed it, i like the UI. i will use it ang give my impressions in some days. ^^

what i can say it load faster than FF and use less RAM, i installed all FF addons and all works

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
jamescv7 said:
its great since 3 major browser engines are combine into one.

What is the supposed advantage of this? :huh:

Is is supposed to be able to parse the "This page best viewed with..." text and render the page using that particular engine? :s

D

Deleted member 178

right, in fact it is mostly an interface that include 3 browsers... the only advantage is you dont need to have them installed separately. at beginning i thought the 3 engines was run simultaneously, but in fact you choose the main one then you can switch to the 2 others if the first was not convenient.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Ah, so it could be useful for web developers wishing to test their sites on various rendering engines, but more of a gimmick otherwise. ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
That right umbrapolaris.

But in ram usage I have no comment for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.