lxamir96lx config's

lxamir96lx

Thread author
May 15, 2011
Online scanner : VirusTotal.
Extra Protection : Sandboxie and Shadow Defender.
Ultilities : CCleaner , Auslogic Defrag , uTorrent , Revo Uninstaller Pro.

I Think thats it. :)
If i missed something , feel free to comment =)

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Since you're using Windows Defender (realtime) why not replace it with somwething better?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Additional browser protection:
WOT (Free) - link
To help you avoid malicious sites you can use Web of Trust (WOT) a website rating browser plugin. After you add it to your browser make sure you only visit websites rated "Green" by WOT

LastPass (Free) - link
LastPass is a password manager that makes web browsing easier and more secure.

Here is the deal with ShadowDefender ......SD is a pretty powefull tool when we are talking about Prevention.......but it can not detect anything......so this is the reason why I would use also an antivirus....
Your setup can work with no antivirus also but you must think 3 times before disabling the Shadow Mode once:p

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Actually you need to turn off Windows Defender, you can add an AV from your protection. If you want free Avira, Avast or MSE

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Absurd idea to run Windows Defender as real-time protection, Go with a free antivirus,

lxamir96lx

Thread author
May 15, 2011
Tomo172 said:
Since you're using Windows Defender (realtime) why not replace it with somwething better?

No Thank you.
I stick with windows defender for a while =)
after got bored,I will replace with something better :D

Jack said:
Additional browser protection:
WOT (Free) - link
To help you avoid malicious sites you can use Web of Trust (WOT) a website rating browser plugin. After you add it to your browser make sure you only visit websites rated "Green" by WOT

LastPass (Free) - link
LastPass is a password manager that makes web browsing easier and more secure.

Here is the deal with ShadowDefender ......SD is a pretty powefull tool when we are talking about Prevention.......but it can not detect anything......so this is the reason why I would use also an antivirus....
Your setup can work with no antivirus also but you must think 3 times before disabling the Shadow Mode once:p

Thanx for the browser protection mate :)
Just put it on my browser and kinda good using WOT :D
It protect my browser from malware :D
And yea
Shadow Defender cannot detect anything.
But its ok
I stick with windows defender for a while
after i got bored,I will change it to even better =D such as norton internet security . :rolleyes:

jamescv7 said:
Actually you need to turn off Windows Defender, you can add an AV from your protection. If you want free Avira, Avast or MSE

Ok mate :D
after i got bored using windows defender,I will change too something cool and better av than windows defender :)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Shadow Defender is just awesome , I've used it for 30 days and I really liked .....you do feel very safe with it...the only way to get infected is if you do something very stupid like running an infected file while not in Shadow mode :lolz:
Are you using the trail version or you've bought a license?

lxamir96lx

Thread author
May 15, 2011
Jack said:
Shadow Defender is just awesome , I've used it for 30 days and I really liked .....you do feel very safe with it...the only way to get infected is if you do something very stupid like running an infected file while not in Shadow mode :lolz:
Are you using the trail version or you've bought a license?

Yea its awesome and :lol:
Thats the greatest idea to make the pc infected xD
And im using the paid one =D

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Windows Defender is a joke. You might as well use nothing. But the most important factor is you have NO backup plan. No imaging plan at all. Since your own Windows 7 then get an external HDD and use Windows Backup. So your using MBAM is real time since you have the Pro version?

V

Vextor

Windows Defender isn't that great. Use Rollback RX to make sure you have a secure backup. You could also use enable the on-demand scanner on Malwarebytes.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Alternative to Rollback RX (from what i have had Rollback is expensive 60$ and buggy) is Comodo time Machine (CTM) 2.9beta that is free and very stable. I would like to know how you your HDD is setp so that no surprise appears.

Regards,
Valentin N

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Comodo Time Machine may be very stable as you say, but it's still beta.

What I mean to say is, I wouldn't personally rely on Beta software for restore and recovery. :)

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
@Valentin N I'm a user of Rollback Rx for over a year now, Lovely software and does me alot better then what CTM served me. No issues from what I've seen.
It depends on the users PC as some have trouble booting from what I've heard with both products.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
@storm: It may be a beta but very good one and it seems to have the bugs that are in CTM 2.8 (stable release) fixed so I have only positive comments about it and a recommendation; it free and very useful.

@MrXidus: tell me which version of CTM are you talking about? I am not trying to say that Rollback is bad but a free alternative is always better (at least for me) :) If RX has improve than it's good :)

I would also pay for it if I know that it's good.

Regards,
Valentin N

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Alternative rollback software like Keriver One Click Restore.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Oh... saw it I thought its a rollback but its a snapshot that can restore from the state.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.