Jun 8, 2018
Windows Edition
Education
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Windows Defender (ConfigureDefender - High Settings)
Comodo Firewall (setting: Proactive Security)
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Windows Defender, Malwarebytes, Comodo Scan
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome - LastPass, uBlock Origin, Privacy Possum, Cookie AutoDelete, OneTab, The Great Suspender
Maintenance tools
Privacy Eraser, Spybot Anti-Beacon, Driver Booster 5, Defraggler, SysHardener v1.5, AndyFul/ConfigureDefender
File and Photo backup
External portable hard drive, sometimes Google Drive
System recovery
Macrium Reflect free

Aerdian

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jun 3, 2018
In terms of your internet security, it looks good, however, you should really have real-time protection other than just a firewall. You should keep Comodo Firewall, but add a different program. Bitdefender and Sophos are my favorites, Avast, AVG, Kaspersky, Panda, etc. would also do the job.

Also, for your removal tools, I would add Zemana Antimalware and HitmanPro to your system.

Last edited:
I

illumination

Everything looks good, basics are covered. Only thing i would recommend is to not use the "Driver Booster" application for device drivers. This is better done manually, as these applications tend to not chose the most compatible/stable versions of drivers for your machine.

m1kethe

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 10, 2018
In terms of your internet security, it looks good, however, you should really have real-time protection other than just a firewall. You should keep Comodo Firewall, but add a different program. Bitdefender and Sophos are my favorites, Avast, AVG, Kaspersky, Panda, etc. would also do the job :)

Also, for your removal tools, I would add Zemana Antimalware and HitmanPro to your system.

Thank you, i will evaluate the best of Bitdefender and Sophos and decide later.
I would do the same to the removal tools that you said. Thank you :)

m1kethe

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 10, 2018
Everything looks good, basics are covered. Only thing i would recommend is to not use the "Driver Booster" application for device drivers. This is better done manually, as these applications tend to not chose the most compatible/stable versions of drivers for your machine.

I did not got any trouble so far, but i will try to find an alternative because manual is a little boring :/

Reactions: stefanos

m1kethe

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 10, 2018
Do i keep Comodo Internet Security with Sophos Home free? or they conflit? which one should i use as main antivirus?

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I did not got any trouble so far, but i will try to find an alternative because manual is a little boring :/
Yeah driver boosters or any boost softwares, cleaners often tend to be useless and only mess up things

If you wanna use that driver booster;
scan for outdated drivers
Install outdated drivers manually
scan again to see that they are up to date

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Do i keep Comodo Internet Security with Sophos Home free? or they conflit? which one should i use as main antivirus?
Comodo internet security is basically firewall + on demand antivirus scanner = wont slow down your system or inpact on network speed

Most other antiviruses have better protection overall

You will gain better protection with sophos av + comodo firewall than with comodo internet security
Reason im using cis is just avoiding conflicts

For protection theres better alternatives like kaspersky free

Its just about you how much do you care about your pricacy and wich companies you want to trust or not to trust

m1kethe

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 10, 2018
+ Added
BitDefender AV (as main antivirus)
Comodo Firewall
DuckDuckGo Search Engine

- Removed
Comodo Internet Security
Google Search Engine

+- In analyse
Removal Tools

m1kethe

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
+ Added
BitDefender AV (as main antivirus)
Comodo Firewall
DuckDuckGo Search Engine

- Removed
Comodo Internet Security
Google Search Engine

+- In analyse
Removal Tools

m1kethe
Why bitdefender over rest alternatives? Https everywhere is very weight addon, you could have smart https as alternative. Only reason i had to delete https everywhere, since i didnt find whitelisting option

Reactions: m1kethe

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Why bitdefender over rest alternatives? Https everywhere is very weight addon, you could have smart https as alternative. Only reason i had to delete https everywhere, since i didnt find whitelisting option
HTTPS Everywhere in 2018 especially I believe is a redundant extension, due to most websites now rolling out HTTPS by default. Smart HTTPS can also break websites as it forces websites rather then finding the HTTPS version.

~LDogg

m1kethe

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 10, 2018

I tried Sophos Home free, but since its all in the cloud, i can see it using to much bandwidth, and i prefer to have a local quarantine.
I used before Avast and AVG and they appear to be very heavy. Kaspersky or Panda, i never used none of them.
So far, BitDefender seems very light to me, so i choose it for now.
Yes, i uderstand that HTTPS Everywhere can be a little heavy.. SmartHTTPS, i never used it or heard anything of it

Reactions: Moonhorse

m1kethe

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 10, 2018
HTTPS Everywhere in 2018 especially I believe is a redundant extension, due to most websites now rolling out HTTPS by default. Smart HTTPS can also break websites as it forces websites rather then finding the HTTPS version.

~LDogg
Thank you for that comments.
So, should i remove it? If i remove it, maybe i should change Chrome Sttings to alert me better that i am in a NON HTTPS website ?

Reactions: Moonhorse

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Thank you for that comments.
So, should i remove it? If i remove it, maybe i should change Chrome Sttings to alert me better that i am in a NON HTTPS website ?
If you feel as if you need it based off your own personal experiences keep it. If you wish to follow my advice you can remove it. It's totally up to you! :)

~LDogg

m1kethe

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 10, 2018
+ Added
Chrome Plugin - Cookie AutoDelete (with custom settings for some domains)
Changed flag (Mark non-secure origins as non-secure (HTTP)) of Chrome to Enabled (mark as actively dangerous)

- Removed
BitDefender AV (personally i dont like it :D and because i was having some problems with Comodo container) (will look for new AV soon)
HTTPS Everywhere

+- In analyse
AV compatible with CF
Removal Tools

m1kethe

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.