M5 pile-up sparks inferno, several dead

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
A 27-vehicle pile-up on a British motorway sparked explosions and an inferno, leaving several people dead and 43 injured, police said Saturday.

Television pictures showed a line of cars and trucks engulfed in flames following the massive crash at around 2030 GMT Friday on the M5 motorway near Taunton, southwest England.

Blazing trucks fell onto their sides and people desperately tried to prise open the doors of cars to help trapped motorists escape in chaotic scenes after the crash, which happened in foggy and wet conditions.

Witnesses said they heard explosions as vehicles went up in flames and saw debris and casualties strewn across the road.

photo_1320493656702-4-0.jpg

photo_1320493221589-4-0.jpg

http://news.yahoo.com/m5-crash-injures-40-killed-014010604.html

_56495389_56495388.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-15603124

RIP all of the people who were killed in the M5 crash and my hopes and prayers go out to everyone who was injured

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
WOW....it looks very bad.RIP for the people who were killed......I've seen in the past pile-ups on the highway but not with explosions......

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
Conditions were terrible yesterday and people need to slow down and pay more attention in that sort of weather. I drove back from Exmoor yesterday and decided to go through Tiverton instead of down the M5. Shocking how bad a pile up it was, this is about 20-30 minutes up the road from me.

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
Reminds me of final destination movie..

I just seen this on youtube by RT..

This is horrible...

RIP

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
This was on the news here yesterday. RIP to all the people that have lost their lives.
Really bad to see this happen. Hope that the injured people get better. RIP

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.