Maanastr Security config in 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

maanastr

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 1, 2013
To Exterminator: Yes I have not back up yet. becuase I installed it just 1 week before. I am not aware much about it.just testing its feature.. :p

About Windows 10, My experience is not good with with windows 10. Once I installed it. but just removed in 2 days..so no for windows 10

Last edited:
Reactions: shukla44

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Is your installed GlassWire the free version or paid?
You're relying on it as your primary firewall but the free version (since you haven't mentioned any paid version like elite, basic..I assume it's free) has only infographics and stats display.
It won't intelligently control (block/allow) any incoming or outgoing Internet connection. It will just monitor and display the stats.
IMG_20170403_184551.jpg
Have a look here. The paid versions have Ask to Connect, Lockdown and other crucial features of a firewall.
So if it's the free version you're using, consider upgrading or using another firewall program.

You do not need Auslogics Disk Defrag (Windows does it nice) neither CCleaner (since Kerish is present).
Consider backing up your system.
Thanks for sharing :)

maanastr

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 1, 2013
Is your installed GlassWire the free version or paid?
You're relying on it as your primary firewall but the free version (since you haven't mentioned any paid version like elite, basic..I assume it's free) has only infographics and stats display.
It won't intelligently control (block/allow) any incoming or outgoing Internet connection. It will just monitor and display the stats.

Have a look here. The paid versions have Ask to Connect, Lockdown and other crucial features of a firewall.
So if it's the free version you're using, consider upgrading or using another firewall program.

You do not need Auslogics Disk Defrag (Windows does it nice) neither CCleaner (since Kerish is present).
Consider backing up your system.
Thanks for sharing :)

Yes its a free version of Glasswire. Acually here in india, the internet speed is slow. So I can not use fully functional firewall as it slowdown my internet speed. Thats why i have choosen this.

And I respect your suggestion, but C Cleaner is my all time favorite software. Also I am using Auslogics from last 4 years and found very effective and faster than windows default...well thanks for your comment

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Yes its a free version of Glasswire. Acually here in india, the internet speed is slow. So I can not use fully functional firewall as it slowdown my internet speed. Thats why i have choosen this.

And I respect your suggestion, but C Cleaner is my all time favorite software. Also I am using Auslogics from last 4 years and found very effective and faster than windows default...well thanks for your comment
If you're connected to the internet, a firewall is really needed no matter what.
Once any malicious program leaks your sensitive data or receives malicious payload despite an AV watching, it's of no use inspecting the graphs of old/already done connections in GlassWire.

Why don't you post your system specs here for us to know how well will it do?
People here can recommend you a light FW. You can try out Tinywall (light, tight rules) or Zonealarm FW (more customizable, interactive, bigger one), though you can get to know more over here. These won't have much effect on speed, try out.

And yes, major part of protection is your decision. Allow only know programs to connect. Take recommendations that FWs give when you're not sure (eg. Zonealarm does).

Last edited:

maanastr

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 1, 2013
If you're connected to the internet, a firewall is really needed no matter what.
Once any malicious program leaks your sensitive data or receives malicious payload despite an AV watching, it's of no use inspecting the graphs of old/already done connections in GlassWire.

Why don't you post your system specs here for us to know how well will it do?
People here can recommend you a light FW. You can try out Tinywall (light, tight rules) or Zonealarm FW (more customizable, interactive, bigger one), though you can get to know more over here. These won't have much effect on speed, try out.

And yes, major part of protection is your decision. Allow only know programs to connect. Take recommendations that FWs give when you're not sure (eg. Zonealarm does).

Thanks for you valuable suggestion. Just installed Tinywall. Now lets see how it will work. I hope it will not slow down my internet speed.

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Yes its a typing mistake. actually I am using No-Script Suite Lite for chrome. Thanks for correcting me. Will update soon
I actually looked into No-Script Suite lite for chrome before going with Netcraft. It is unnecessary. It just blocks javascripts & others thing as a whole per-site basis (correct me if i am wrong). Chrome already has a built-in same function when u click the (i) in the address-bar.

Well Comodo firewall is added

I see that you use security products default settings. If so, please consider change Comodo Firewall default protection level to Proactive.

Thanks for sharing your config.

Regards.

maanastr

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 1, 2013
I actually looked into No-Script Suite lite for chrome before going with Netcraft. It is unnecessary. It just blocks javascripts & others thing as a whole per-site basis (correct me if i am wrong). Chrome already has a built-in same function when u click the (i) in the address-bar.
Good suggestion. Delted that add on. And for comodo I did that. Thanks

Reactions: shukla44
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.