Mac OS X infected by Malware

FrankYang

Thread author
Feb 2, 2015
Hello,
My computer was infected by malware the day before yesterday(I suppose...) for downloading some apps online. And advertisements were full of the screen when I opened each website.
I used Avast and Symantec. They just worked out some problems. For example, they erase the advertisements. But until now there are still some tabs which will open automatically and some links, which direct to some unknown sources.
How can I solve the problem completely and safely?
Thank you very much!

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello,
Can you please follow these steps:
  1. From the Safari menu, select “Preferences“.
    Safari-Mac-Os-X-Preferences.gif
  2. In the Safari Preferences window, click the “Extensions” tab. Find any unknown plugin, then click on the “Uninstall” button. This infection can add more than one extension, it is recommended that you remove all unknown extensions from Safari.
    remove-extension-safari.png

FrankYang

Thread author
Feb 2, 2015
Yah, I've tried to do so but it doesn't work. When I moved my mouse to the unknown link, an mini-ad will appear with some small words like "ad by u1505", which is like MacVX. But I can't find any file(or safari extension) named u1505.

FrankYang

Thread author
Feb 2, 2015
Hello,
Can you please follow these steps:
  1. From the Safari menu, select “Preferences“.
    Safari-Mac-Os-X-Preferences.gif
  2. In the Safari Preferences window, click the “Extensions” tab. Find any unknown plugin, then click on the “Uninstall” button. This infection can add more than one extension, it is recommended that you remove all unknown extensions from Safari.
    remove-extension-safari.png
Yah, I've tried to do so but it doesn't work. When I moved my mouse to the unknown link, an mini-ad will appear with some small words like "ad by u1505", which is like MacVX. But I can't find any file(or safari extension) named u1505.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.