Troubleshoot Macbook Air help..I've tried the normal steps...

bradley

Thread author
Aug 30, 2015
I am a 2014 macbook air running yosemite 10.10.3 and have popups by vnpapps reocurring. I've run malware bytes, avast and sophos for MAC and removed infected files but the popups still keep happening.

where else can i look to remove these files?

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
Remove "Ads by VNPApps" virus (Easy Removal Guide)

That might help but Mac is more transparent in my opinion- all you need to do is to go to Finder (that smiley face) then Applications to find the sucker!

Then reset to defaults. @Huracan got them all except for Safari, where you do this (thanks to dominic23 from Apple Support Forums! see it here how to reset safari 8 | Apple Support Communities)

Force Quit .

Press command + option + esc keys together at the same time. Wait.

When Force Quit window appears, select the Safari if not already.

Press Force Quit button at the bottom of the window. Wait.

Safari will quit.

Relaunch Safari holding the shift key down.

Turn off Wifi. Click Wifi icon in the menu bar and select “Turn Wifi off”.

Visit another website.

You won’t have internet connection.

Turn on Wifi. Click Wifi icon in the menu bar and select “Turn Wifi on”.

Select your Network.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.