Mail clients/ Mailbird or Outlook or Windows embebed app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Hi i want to ask you. Now i take a time to changue my passwords, check my accounts and mantain my passwords. But i want to know about mail clients. In this times are really useful?, Are a security risk? If i have my mail password stored in a password manager . Using a mail client are insecure?

Now i recently use mailbird is a real good software but i think
If store passwords in browser are unsecure Store mail passwords in mail clients are unsecure too
What do you think?

Reactions: The paranoid one

Tiny

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 29, 2016
With something like Thunderbird you can have complete control of how your mail is handled and can choose to input your passwords from Keepass or KeepassXC if you wished?

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Among the free mail clients that I've used which are many......

I've found eMClient to be the best in terms of the features. The only restriction here is that the free version allows only 2 accounts.

Inky might be the most intuitive mail client I've seen. It's pretty sleek.

Thunderbird is another good one that is totally free and has a wide array of features. So it's a good alternative to eMClient if you use more than 2 accounts.

MailBird is good and has a pretty nice interface but it's Search function is pretty bad.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Webmail is intrinsically more secure because most of the time you are opening attachments in the web interface and not on your system.
As soon as attachments are downloaded to your system, there is a security risk involved.

Mailbird is nice, as email clients go, but it has a bug that it does not download heavy attachments, even if you set it to download everything. It will skip the heavy attachments no matter what you do.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Sorry the deelay . Now are possible open in one window of web browser all my outlook accounts and in other all my gmail accounts?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
If you are ok with a Paid mail program MailBird is the best to run with (I have a lifetime key)
If free is more your style eM Client is the best free client I have used.

T

The paranoid one

Nylas free is really amazing.
I use it on Linux and Windows. It's nice, easy, it hasn't account limitations. I think if you try this email client you will love it

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.